Male Full-body Form - What to Use?

Kilryth

What type of 'Form' (like a Dress Form) do you use for Male full-body costumes? I've considered using non-adjustable mannequins and duct tape mannequins, but that's all I am aware of other than Casting a mold (and I don't want to do that).

Is something else available on the market for acting as a Male full-body form with specific measurements, similar to the female dress form?

Or is my best bet to create a duct tape mannequin? What's the best tutorial for this? I've seen a few.

Thank you all!

Duct Tape is good, but packaging Tape is better. See youtube

This all depends on how "skin-tight" the costume is. That will determine how acurate the form needs to be.

I got looking at male 'dress forms' and they are way out of my budget, so I'll definitely be going a Tape route.

Any particular type of packaging tape? There's the clear stuff, the paper stuff, the 'heavy duty' clear stuff, the generic Target brand stuff. Or does it really make a difference? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back