Making an Arkham City Robin costume

Gavymac

Hi guys I'm new on here and i wanted to show you my utility belt for robin that i started. Its not the exact same one from arkham city but i still think it will be cool and functional.

545737_10151699958010416_505855415_23809444_1733165971_n.jpg

581284_10151699958395416_505855415_23809446_1595380385_n.jpg

154577_10151699958725416_505855415_23809448_956553569_n.jpg

photo.php
562465_10151699959345416_505855415_23809453_479049612_n.jpg

photo.php

Here is where i got the inspiration for the belt!!

How To Make A Batman Utility Belt (Easiest Way) - YouTube

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I was considering going as him to DCon but chose Hawkeye and Riddick instead.

Thats a really good idea, i didnt think of that:thumbsup Its looking good. I'm hopefully going to be starting my own Arkham City Robin costume soon

Here is an update for the Robin costume im working on. Ive decided to take some inspiration from Arkham City robin, but i will be doing my own spin on it.

Here is the completed belt:

AFP+uhQZsTlNAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
AFP+uhQZsTlNAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

And here is the design on the Gauntlets that im going to do:

The Orange lines are where the straps will go, but on the back side. and the black shaded parts will all be indented so that the shapes in the middle are raised.

Update: Added the straps to the gauntlets and traced out the "raised" parts of the gauntlets. Also these are the gloves im going to use. something a little different, im going to attach some kind of fabric to them for under the gauntlets.

Another small update: Gauntlets ready to paint!

I added raised detail on the gauntlets, im thinking about painting the bottom layer black and the top raised parts dark green. what do you guys think?

Haha, I used that same idea for making my belt.
Unfortunately though, I found out the hard way that if you spray paint a thick enough layer on the back of the pieces, the super glue will just stick to the paint and everything will fall off (I'm really new to costuming).

Gauntlets and the belt look great, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thanks dude!! I really appreciate it! im going to plasti dip the gauntlets then paint over them. Im thinking of doing the dark gray pieces black, and then the light gray pieces a dark green color.

Thats awesome! i like the logo in the circle!

I got the little containers at the grocery store. the tall ones are mentos gum plastic containers, and the other ones are q-tip travel size containers. then i just painted them with a gold metallic spray paint.

Plasti dip away! I have about 3 coats of plasti dip on my gauntlets they are looking pretty good i think. They are still a little wet in the pics.

The next thing im going to start working on is the armored "tunic" i bought some jersey material at hancock fabrics here in sioux falls, South Dakota.

Here is a small update. I have sketched out what i want my robin shirt to look like. and i started making the pattern for the pads that i will sew in to the shirt. I have also attached pics of the padding that i got my inspiration from.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back