First and foremost I would like to thank Giz for helping me out. He answered any questions I asked him. I also used alot of his ideas and processes for construction, so If something looks familiar, that's who I got it from.
On with the pics.
Notes and measurements.
1/2" MDF lips I cut out with a router and circle jig.
4.5" acrylic hemispheres painted (on the inside)
Measurements and markings on the 14" acrylic globe.
Head hole is cut and sanded. Cut out using a Dremel with a fiberglass cutting disc.
Eye bracket template, the mold, and the two resin casts.
Mouth is cut out and edges are sanded.
Corners of the mouth were reinforced with styrene to prevent cracking.
Lips are epoxied in.
Just wanted to see how it would look.
Bondo'ed the top dimple and the lips...sanded smooth.
That's where I'm at now. Hope to sand the head down today, and Bondo any remaining imperfections. Should have it colored by this weekend.
Hope you guys enjoy. More progess pics to come.