Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Jan 7, 2014, 12:47 PM - Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucafilm-disney.jpg 
Views:	44217 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	271506

Heads Up: Star Wars Costumed Fan Appearances

We are extremely fortunate at Lucasfilm to have such devoted fans and we appreciate the excitement and enthusiasm of the worldwide Star Wars fan-organized clubs. In my role as head of fan relations, I am grateful that I get to work with you so frequently.

Now that we are part of a larger organization, I want to make sure you know that my role has not changed. I will still be your point of contact for all activities relating to Lucasfilm as well as The Walt Disney Company and our licensees or promotional partners.

As you can imagine, there is huge enthusiasm in the worldwide Disney offices and with our licensees and promotional partners to engage with Star Wars. Fans and fan organizations will continue to receive invitations to our Star Wars-themed events, such as baseball games, Star Wars Weekends, etc. And, as has been done in the past, there will be times when we call on your groups for what we call Featured Character Appearances.

In short, to help channel the genuine enthusiasm so that that it best benefits Star Wars and your groups, here is what we have communicated inside Disney, Lucasfilm, and to our licensees and promotional partners:

o All requests for Star Wars costumed characters will be coordinated through me (mary.franklin@lucasfilm.com), regardless of whether the source of each request is a licensee, a promotional partner, The Walt Disney Company or Lucasfilm.

o When specific costumed Star Wars characters are required by Disney, Lucasfilm, or licensees and promotional partners for Featured Character Appearances, they have been directed to treat any individual involved as project employees.

If you receive any request from an outside group for a commercial activity that is associated with Lucasfilm or Disney and have not heard from me first, please give me a call or send me an email.

Finally, please take note that we understand that your members participate in non-commercial, community and charity activities through your organizations, which are independent of us, and do not require contact with me. Except hoped-for reports for Bantha Tracks!
    We appreciate everything that you do in your communities and for the Star Wars brand. Thank you again for all you do!

Mary Franklin
    Lucasfilm
    mary.franklin@lucasfilm.com
    From
    Cooperstown, New York
    Jan 7, 2014, 2:41 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #2

They left out the part " All Star Wars costumes will require a set of mouse ears when used in conjunction with Disney events"...
    From
    Raleigh, NC
    Jan 7, 2014, 2:41 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #3

I'm confident this means good things for fans and costumers. If you enjoy "being" the character and look forward to doing it as a professional (not just a volunteer) in the actual Star Wars universe, this is very good news.
    Jan 7, 2014, 2:47 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #4

This is exactly the outline we needed and were itching to know about. I for one will gladly be putting my all into being a "Character" and therefore a project employee for Disney.

Brilliant stuff!
    From
    Billeted in Wheeling, IL. USA
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:09 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #5

This seems to be very positive news indeed.
    From
    IL
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:29 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #6

Trooper TK409 said: View Post
    I'm confident this means good things for fans and costumers. If you enjoy "being" the character and look forward to doing it as a professional (not just a volunteer) in the actual Star Wars universe, this is very good news.
    VERY good news indeed, 409!!!

~SL1020
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:29 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #7

Trooper TK409 said: View Post
    Chris, I couldn't agree more. This is fantastic news for sure! Many are saying this is "business as usual" but I believe it is anything but that! I think this is a great step forward for both Lucasfilm and Disney and their fan relations!
    From
    Flori-duhhh
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:38 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #8

I wanna know if they're gonna sue me if I make a Star Wars fan film and put it up on YouTube . . . . .
  9. Member Since
    Jun 2001
    From
    Maine
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:52 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #9

Great news. Thanks Mary!!!
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:58 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #10

How do I become a professional...

I look like Tem
    I am from New Zealand, so I sound like Tem
    I love trooping as Capt Rex

Only problem is I live in New Zealand, well not a problem
    From
    Mama's front yard
    Jan 7, 2014, 5:20 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #11

Sounds like business as usual.
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    From
    Poway, California, United States
    Jan 7, 2014, 5:27 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #12

This is one of the best things I heard all month
    From
    Gillingham, Medway, United Kingdom
    Jan 7, 2014, 5:29 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #13

Shame GW don't think like this
  14. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Jan 7, 2014, 6:49 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #14

mickc22 said: View Post
    Shame GW don't think like this
    my thoughts exactly....
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 7, 2014, 8:44 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #15

Great Rex and cool pic with Tem!

Tarragon said: View Post
    http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...ps021df645.jpg

I look like Tem

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...psb86e2c0c.jpg

From
    Arizona, USA
    Jan 7, 2014, 8:57 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #16

I was worried this was going to go another way. Glad to hear it.
  17. Resident Ogre RPF Premium Member tubachris85x's Avatar
    From
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Jan 7, 2014, 11:16 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #17

I don't trust this
    From
    Victoria Australia
    Jan 8, 2014, 12:56 AM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #18

Tarragon said: View Post
    http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...ps021df645.jpg

I look like Tem

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...psb86e2c0c.jpg

Lovin the photos! My favourite Clone......crap One of my Favourite clones.....the boys will shot me...I'm too small to die!
  19. T-800 model 117 RPF Premium Member The Terminator's Avatar
    From
    Sweden
    Jan 8, 2014, 1:46 AM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #19

Lflank said: View Post
    I wanna know if they're gonna sue me if I make a Star Wars fan film and put it up on YouTube . . . . .
    Probably not. But YouTube will certainly mute the video. That's what they did with mine
  20. Member Since
    May 2011
    Jan 8, 2014, 10:29 AM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #20

I agree with tubachris85x I don't trust this either.
    From
    Annapolis, MD
    Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #21

Great news. Why are some people cynical? Isn't this from Disney/Lucasfilm?...
    Jan 8, 2014, 12:45 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #22

Ronan87 said: View Post
    Great news. Why are some people cynical? Isn't this from Disney/Lucasfilm?...

Some people just can't take good news...
    From
    Peoria, AZ, USA
    Jan 8, 2014, 1:06 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #23

At least the ambiguity is gone for now if you believe this notice. Although Disney is famously fickle when any executive is replaced or something changes internally. I think this signals their intent to, basically, keep things as they are ... for the time being.
  24. RPF Premium Member The Prop Lord's Avatar
    From
    Hephzibah, GA
    Jan 8, 2014, 6:11 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #24

And what about Fan Films on places like YouTube???
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    From
    Draper, UT
    Jan 8, 2014, 6:27 PM - Re: Lucasfilm / Disney changes to Costuming Fan Appearances #25

Great news!