Trying to get both of these done for the opening weekend of the Georgia Ren Faire, April 14th! I'm sure they'll be tweeked quite a bit before Dragon*con, but yeah!
We currently already have a Link and Zelda (mine is a variant color for Smash Brothers Brawl). But my sewing skills have shaped and formed since 2008 and Link is in desperate need of a redo !
I've started with Zelda's sash and wrap (which later becomes Link's parachute)
I've cut out the pattern from a heavy-weight cotton. It was two for the price of one, seeing as how I can use the cut out for the parachute!
I'm stitching it down with a small zig-zag stitch.
Boots/Boot wraps: For Zelda, I actually have a high-heel version of her boots, but I may look around at some Good Will's in town, seeing as how this style of boot is VERY popular right now. For Link, I'll be using a cleaner version of this tutorial:
Cosplay by AdlezAkuseru on deviantART
Sword and Shield: I love the sword/sheath base, but I'm going to sand it and repaint it. As for the shield, it's in desperate need of being remade from the ground up, but due to time and money constraints, it may have to wait and I'll just have to stick with tweeks.
Dress and Tunic/Hat: I picked up some awesome heavy-weight linen, in beautifully bright colors to match the water-color like palette of the game!
Chainmaille: Ideally, I really don't want to make a full shirt. I'd like to make sleeves, a cowl neck and a small drape that shows at the bottom of the tunic. Just for time purposes, it would be easier to make dickie pieces as opposed to a full shirt. The pieces would be attached to a heavy-weight material by way of grommets.
Zelda's Wig: Most go for a golden-blonde, but I'm sticking to the cartoon-y vibe of the game and going for golden yellow. I'm eyeing this wig currently:
32'' Long Straight Long Bangs Yellow Cosplay Wig NEW | eBay
Link's hair: My bf Chris used is real hair. But to get more of the "anime" vibe, I may attack the bangs and side hair, by way of wefts/extensions, inside the cap. I have a few left over extensions from previous costumes that would ultimately do the trick!
More progress photos to come!