Like to start a ANH Han Solo costume - - Need Help

They offer the whole costume for $128.

I can't seem to find that on ebay. do they have an off-ebay site?

[EDIT]

nevermind. I got it. (you have to click 'items for sale' and not 'view my store').

--> for the money it looks like a good deal. I'd hit it.

[EDIT 2]

I just realized it's missing the big back pocket on the lower half of the vest -- this shouldn't be too hard to add.
(along with the pin tuck on the front of each leg) .

I'd still hit it. ;)

Last edited:
So going through the links, perhaps I missed it, but is there a vendor where I can pick up all the metal pieces of the holster? I'd like to attempt making my own leather version, but of course need the hardware...

I may just break down and buy the costumebase gun belt and holster for this year. Then use it as a guide to build my own version.

yeah thats a good place to start.

another thing you can do, is go to a local sheet metal shop and see what they can cut for you.
(bring pictures).

Hi,
Does anyone know if the costumebase gun belt will fit any droid caller in the belt's clip, or will I need to buy the costumebase droid caller as well?

the costumebase clip can fit any droid caller*. do not buy the droid caller from costumebase.

* (you can bend the clip slightly to make it tighter or looser as needed. also its a good idea to line the inside of the clip with fuzzy-sided velcro, as padding for your droid caller -- this keeps the droid caller sitting snug in the clip without scratches)

I might as well jump in with questions too. So budget choices for pants are Costumebase: legstripes too wide and you need to ad seams on front and back; or Cosplayying: which has the rear seam wrong, still needs front seams, and leg stripe is ok. So if I'm doing this for a costume with thoughts of RL approval in the future (with modding) which is the best bet in your opinion?

Bonded Hawk

I know there are a few people in here now interested in piecing this costume together, so if anybody wants to PM me I have a pair of SA boots and pants I need to let go to pay rent. Let me know if you're interested.

Here's the belt tools, at least from ANH:

b7_1.jpg

I don't know the size, but yeah they do look like relays. I used to have a few in my old Firebird that looked pretty much identical, except for being black. The cylinder is a Micronox gas cylinder - at least I know that one...

Been there! Actually, I just ordered the tools from them, so we'll see what they look like. I didn't get the droid caller, as I have my eye on this:

Evolution Props

I'm a sucker for anything that blinks or lights up in general. I know it's not completely screen accurate, but it's good enough for me!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back