Okay. I've been disappearing from the RPF a lot lately, but I've actually got a bit of progress on this costume that I could post.
This is a concept that I drew up, so it's a completely personalized design. (You notice that I do this a lot, right?) But unfortunately, this is the second design I've done. The first I posted up on a different site and someone asked if they could do it as a costume. When I politely explained that it was for my own use, they ignored me and stole it anyway. So I won't be posting my design until the whole costume is done. Sorry.
But in the mean time, here's what I have done so far:
This diadem is made of lightweight clay with wire mesh to cling to, and I will likely be going over it with plaster to solidify it and stabilize the horns. Because the horns fell off. Super sad face.
In this design, I am utilizing scale mail. I'm only planning on doing one panel of it, but what you see there is still about 200 scales. I also made a necklace, hand guard, and two shoulder details for the cape out of brass scales. Seen below.
I've got materials for the cape and shirt, patterns for the pants, and I'm waiting on the money and room to work on the armor.