Koda Vonnor's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Koda Vonnor

In the interest of broadening the field a bit, and to gain exposure for my builds, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Some of you might know me from the Star Wars costuming circles. I'm Bill Costigan and I go by Koda Vonnor all over the place. I started building costumes back in 2004, mainly so my lightsaber would have something to do besides hold down paper stacks on my desk. :p I put together a Kyle Katarn recreation in '06, and did this one in '08. I also have a TFU2 Rahm Kota on the workbench that I'm building in my spare time.

General Rahm Kota is Starkiller's friend and mentor from The Force Unleashed video game. This character presentation is a total scratch-build (body-cast, clay-sculpt, plaster/rubber-mold, fiberglass master, resin-pour, formed-sintra, etc.). I designed and blueprinted all the elements, and built the armor and fabric parts. Don Close of Do-Clo Custom Sabers made the lightsaber to my specs and I wrapped the tsuka-ito. Melanie Mattson did the belt and bandoleer to my templates. Some of the small parts and greeblies were machined by Mars CNC in Fresno, and the boots were made by Carlos Diaz (sadly now whereabouts unknown) from provided sketches. Everything on it is custom except the black UA t-shirt and the LL Bean jeans (which I modded). I was a total noob at sculpting/casting/mold-making/fiberglassing when I started this, and I learned a lot on the journey (mostly by screwing up stuff).

This costume was also awarded Best-in-Category (Jedi) at both Dragon*Con 2009 and Celebration VI.

All the step-by-step details of this project can be seen in my original build thread.

I will be wearing this at the Smithsonian's annual Air&Scare Halloween event this Saturday, and will take a proof pic while I'm there.

Thanks for looking at my work, and be sure to check out all the other contestants' build threads too, then vote for the one you like the best! :D

Here's a few photos, but to really get the scope of this build, you should check out the original thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/jedi-general-rahm-kota-44785/

Original Reference:
Rahm_Kota_Live_Compare.png

Contest Submission Photo:
Rahm_Kota_11.png

From CVI:
CVIContestKotaKropped.png

kota_anakin.jpg

Taken and Tweeted by Starkiller himself (Sam Witwer) :cool:
witwer_kota_pic.jpg

~ Vonnor

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back