KnightFalcon's Mask of the Phantasm (photos pg 2)

Knight Falcon

Hey guys,
In preparation for the dallas comic con, I decided to help out my friend with his costume (since I'm already working on my Freeze build (check it out!)), which is the Phantasm from the batman animated film of the same name. It is my favorite Batman film by the way.

Here is a quick inking of the phantasm that I did. I like to do this before I start on a project because I get a better feel of the character.

733990_503318833039018_361532101_n.jpg

Here is the mask after the second coat of fiberglass.

66910_498027416901493_31943928_n.jpg

And now after the fourth coat plus the fiberglass clothe.

74454_503315666372668_302078519_n.jpg

We will be sewing together a hood out of a grey pleather type material. He will be wearing a morphsuit hood and a body suit. Please leave feedback :)

Last edited:
Re: KnightFalcon's Mask of the Phantasm Build

ah when you posted this in your other thread I thought you was working on Scorpion from MK lol

Okay guys, now here is a fully bondoed and sanded Phantasm Mask.

733840_505903039447264_115780923_n.jpg

It looks like its not that smooth, but trust me, it is. The resin shows a little bit, but thats okay. I should be able to paint it tomorrow.

Also, here is a little bonus for you viewers, a size comparison + the death stare.

554998_505903106113924_891092339_n.jpg

As always, if you feel the need to leave a comment, please do :)

@herotrooper
Thanks man.
I made it slightly larger because the character needs to be larger than life, and with the large hood that he will be wearing, it needs to be larger. Also the guy I'm making it for is alot taller than I.

Yeah later tonight Ill post pics of it. Yesterday I primed and got the first coat of metallic silver on it. I think I will be adding grey or black accents for a battle damaged look.
I think a dark grey would be good for accuracy.
Any thoughts?

Dark grey would be good. But a little dry brushing with black could accent the edges a bit...if you want that, haha

Very happy to see someone take this on, I LOVE that movie and a good Phantasm is hard to find. Looking good and subscribed :)

@herotrooper
yeah thats a good idea considering the film has black accents on the edges.. will consider!

@TKS
Thanks! It's an honor man! The movie is my favorite by far! brings back old memories

Okay here's a small update,

Here is a picture of the mask with the first coat of silver!

164271_506982979339270_1952683556_n.jpg

And as always, feedback much appreciated. :)

Thanks man,

One thing that is a small annoyance to me is the three "grill" marks are really hard to even out. Before I paint more Ill try to get something to sand it down a little bit...

it looks ok mate I wouldn't worry too much.... the thing with cosplay is how it looks from 10 feet away on a photo.... if it looks the biz like that your sorted.... alot of cosplay stuff looks really rough up close... I know alot of mine does lol

That makes me feel alot better, especially after viewing your cyclops visor, because it looks great! Far away it does look significantly better.
Honestly I'm also sick of sanding at this point...The Freeze tank is killing me.

Thanks SDUK!

it looks ok mate I wouldn't worry too much.... the thing with cosplay is how it looks from 10 feet away on a photo.... if it looks the biz like that your sorted.... alot of cosplay stuff looks really rough up close... I know alot of mine does lol

Yeah same here, I got hardcore mad how my suit came out but from a distance you can't tell a thing. Gotta love your eyes... from a distance

cheers dude, but even that when in hand looks shoddy in places lol... but like I say all that matters is when you are photo'd in said costume and as long as it holds up from that distance everything is fine :)
haha.... yeah sanding is a pain lol... look forward to more pics :)

Yeah I may work on evening up a little on it, but I wont worry about it and stress about it! Thanks alot for the help guys!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back