Kids Costumes & projects- Post your pics *& general discussion

that poster is awesome!

updated shot of the Vader... almost done.

260581_2149432018114_1315757790_2571922_5151393_n.jpg

haha great job on the Harry Potter poster. My son's not old enough to really appreciate this stuff yet; all of your kids must have their minds blown!

just suck setting a high bar... and then having a long road ahead each year after. :unsure :lol

but....that's also part of the fun.

Here's Ashton wearing the first slush latex mask I made. Everything else was storebought:

dsc05462a.jpg

Wearing Apemania's helmet:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc01943fd.jpg

This was before I knew how to make helmets, so it's really rough:
hoplite006-1.jpg

I sewed this whole outfit not knowing what the hell I was doing:
Oct2008001.jpg

heres some pics of an ash from army of darkness costume i did for my 8 year old brother last halloween minus the shotgun holster on his back, i dont think i have any pics of him wearing that.

This thread was a great idea - and it will help me in making a decision for my one year old daughter.

Thanks everyone for sharing these!

Love it! I used to do the same thing....Had a bunch of costumes I worked on, and when my parents friends would come over it was "show time".

dang.. that reminds me I forgot to pull out this He-man skelator photo of myself I found the other day and post it in that thread.

Hi,

as a long time lurker I finally have a chance to chime in.

These costume werde made last year for my daughters, then aged 8 and 9. Only the hats and one wig was bought, everything else was retrofitted.

We couldn't find appropriate shoes, but that is all too often the case ...

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72479&stc=1&d=1319711789

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72480&stc=1&d=1319711789

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72481&stc=1&d=1319711789

Great thread, by the way!

Last year my son was the Joker (3 and a half years old at the time). Most parents didn't seem to get it and a couple asked "Is he dressed as Beetlejuice?" :unsure
SL386114.jpg

SL386129.jpg

This year my son decided he wanted to be a Mummy (pretty straight forward and standard halloween choice I guess) , in his mind though Mummies have glowing eyes, so that had to be done too. At least this time he was recognised for what he was supposed to be and won "Best boys costume" at his school years Halloween disco. Of course there was only a handful of kids that didn't have store bought costumes, so extra credit must've been gained from the fact it was different from the countless witches/devils/vampires.
Oct19_School_disco04.jpg

Although he didn't like the attention he recieved from the pupils and from the parents taking photos on their phones while we were waiting for the doors to open into the disco, asking "Why are they all looking at me?" as he tried to hide behind my legs.

Last edited:
So here's my stepson's Deadpool costume. He's 11 and he is thrilled. :) I'm very pleased with how it came out. If I was his age, I would have loved to have this costume! LOL!

14cwcu9.jpg

2nlv6ls.jpg

16axyqx.jpg

nz0dqg.jpg

Geeze... many of these children's costumes look better than my adult costumes.

Remember when we were kids and our parents bought us those horrible Ben Cooper costumes? ...I kind of miss seeing those...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back