Judge Dredd Costume display - updated pg 3 with hero armor and stallone head

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
Dredd costumes are hard to find... Many people, including myself, have been looking around, searching but they're just no where to be found. Well I got lucky and found a great replica. I got this suit from Costumejunkie - Edward (I've read some posts here and there with lots of drama - he was very good to me so refrain from saying anything negative about people here. comment on suit only please - and perhaps the fact that I need to shave. :rolleyes)

Well this is by far the best Dredd costume I have ever ever ever seen. It came with an SD Studio dredd helmet, Blue jumper suit, Blue jacket with correct zippers, buckles, and yellow trim, shoulder armor, Boots (which are badass), elbow pads, belt, and codpiece.

I need to set up a proper display, and I know I'm missing two bars on the shoulder armor - but those should be coming from Edward soon.

By the way - as small as the SD helmet is - it fits me.. so I'm happy =)

Chris reeves as a Judge
CIMG0882.jpg

Boots
CIMG0884.jpg

Belt
CIMG0885.jpg

Helmet
CIMG0888.jpg

CIMG0889.jpg

Knee pads
CIMG0886.jpg

inner jumper suit
CIMG0890.jpg

Jacket - with buckles and inner and outer zippers
CIMG0891.jpg

CIMG0892.jpg

CIMG0893.jpg

shoulder armor - even has those brace thingys that go under dredds arm
CIMG0894.jpg

CIMG0895.jpg

display pics
CIMG0901.jpg

CIMG0903.jpg

CIMG0905.jpg

CIMG0906.jpg

CIMG0909.jpg

CIMG0917.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Judge Dredd Costume! nearly finished - lots of pics!!

Oh man,

This is the e-bay item i was after well done to you ......:cry

please could you help me out on some information regarding certain parts of the costume maybe via PM id really appreciate it.........

I"m glad to help anyone out, that's why I posted so many pics - just PM me with what you need... free pics for all :)

that is just beutiful.. did you make all those parts your self?

That is awesome Tom!!! And I agree with OSK ... put the whole suit on! I'd love to see it all together. :thumbsup

blah.. everyone wants to see me in this suit - I swear.. if I could pull it off I would. Over the summer I'll make a display with everything on that.

I'm just a little (emphasis on little) smaller than stallone so I don't think i'd do it justice.

If I put it on - I just know the pics will be flying around for years to come with people calling me "judge midget" :lol:lol

However, since everyone wants to see me dress up - As a consolation prize here's me at spiderman :rolleyes

CIMG1617.jpg

CIMG1616.jpg

:lol Sorry, I had no idea it wouldn't fit. You look great as Spidey!

suit is awesome ,and i hate you :angry jk always wanted a jd movie helmet

Indeed, great Spidey.

Not a big Dredd fan, but those boots, which I never saw before, really are terrific.

Thanks for sharing!

Rick

PS - Sorry about your little collection, there. Maybe some day you'll get some more stuff!:p

Does it say who the bootmaker is? Maybe a label in them?

it's pretty clear who the maker of the boots are from the outside.. haha :lol

it says the same thing on the inside... I looked up oneal on google - it's some sort of motorcycle motorcross store.

CIMG0920.jpg

Okay, I'll share. If you're looking for this EXACT boot, it is the O'Neal Element boot. Still in production and widely available. Only the shid guard has been added and the buckles were painted black. Other wise, they're stock. They'll run you in the 75-100 price range.

Actually................ The original boots used in the movie were by a company called Sidi i think the style used was Sidi Sabre Motorcross boots, but definately Sidi.

however those O'Neil boots are a pretty good match.

Ah, gotcha. I was under the impression the above boots were screen used, so that's what I matched.
If indeed the screen used boots are made by Sidi, that's going to be a search and a half as they've been making moto boots for over 30 years!

nono - the costume was not screen used - it's a replica that's all. (man.. I wish it were screen used)...

i just posted pics to foster discussion on dredd costumes and to gain insight on how to make it a little more screen accurate.

Info on the actual boots used was a good start for all those who may want to make their own costumes. :)

Working on the judge dredd movie display - Still need to get some paint and paint out those two bars on dredd's shoulder.

Hopefully later on I'll be able to change that entire side to an eagle. I have a metal belt buckle to replace the flat one that's currently on there -as well as a 3d dredd badge.

Either way- as you can see I've added a silicone Dredd (stallone) head to the torso - It's coming along nicely.. :love

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back