- What inspired you - I am a fan not only of Jim Lee's work, but the X-Men in the 90's were some of my favorite series and cartoon. Plus, Jean Grey is my favorite mutant. Ever.
- How long it took - I've remade her about 3 times, almost ready to remake it a fourth. Pictured are top two my second versions, and the last pic is my third. Minor changes, but they're very noticeable to me. I always become picky and change things, especially when I start to learn more about sewing. On a good day, everything takes about a few days. If I work nonstop.
- How much it cost - Everything is spandex, with a few sheets of foam. Aside from my $50 boots and $25 buckle commission (which I'm not happy with), the suit probably costed me no more than $50 in material.
- Specific details for which you are most proud - My head piece! I know it's simple, but the cowl is always something I look at first. The gem sold it. I also wear "hulk green" contacts. It's the first costume I have where I started to wear contacts ever, and now I look for reasons to wear colored contacts. I LOVE IT.
- Tips - I double layered my yellow. It's milliskin. It's so far the best yellow I've come across to give that primary bright color you see in pages. I used a serger. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW AWESOME SERGERS ARE.
Can you tell I'm tall?
Edit: I decided to just change this thread into all my Jean Greys and her incarnations to make for less flooding in the forums. Then I can just update the thread every time I do a new suit lol I do have an ultimate goal of completing all Jean suits (even the stupid ones) haha
So, from here I have...