Javik - Mass Effect 3

giedrius

Hello everyone.
So i started making a Javik from mass effect 3.
My plan for his head is to make a lifecast of my head in plaster, put a pepakura model on it, reinforce paper with resign, and then apply so air drying clay to the pepakura model, because my chin is longer then his, and my neck is much thicker then his.

So i had a mold from plaster of my head and pepakura model of Javik's head, i tried to make that i could see thru his front eyes.

I am currently unfolding his armor for foam pattern making and will be making most of his armor in foam covered with fiberglass to reinforce it

This is a really interesting idea. The armor alone is a challenge, but the custom headpiece will be interesting to see how it works out.

The pep work looks really good for that complex of a surface.

Keep it up!

Good luck with it. My friends and I were doing a ME group cosplay. And we wrote off Javik as too hard or too expensive straight away.
I really hope you keep at it, I'd love to see the finished product.

currently i am making new pep base, because i tried to cast clay sculpt in plaster and everything went wrong. mold was too thin - my first plaster mold, and head crumpled while trying to remove it. now i will try to make mold from fiberglass and polyester resign - i have more experience with it ant in my place its much cheaper then plaster.

Hi, i'm a Mass Effect huge fan of Javik and i'm currently trying to start to build a costume. Could you tell me where you get the head and armor pdo's? That would be REALLY a huge help. Tnx.

Hi, i'm a Mass Effect huge fan of Javik and i'm currently trying to start to build a costume. Could you tell me where you get the head and armor pdo's? That would be REALLY a huge help. Tnx.

hey i took them and cleaned directly from the game. armor is for foam, it only has a half of armor as printable pieces without all thickens describing parts (34 A4 sheets), head is pain in the ass to pep, it takes me 5-6 days to make it (14 A4 sheets).
here is thread about my attempts on making head sculpt
http://www.therpf.com/f62/first-time-sculpting-head-javik-mass-effect-174671/

also here is my second attempt in making head

head has 2 front eyes turned out of oak, and 2 rear eyes made from Christmas decoration cut in half. inside is reinforced with foam strips in most of the places and the whole thing is painted with polyester resign. i will be making a fiberglass molds for this ant then latex pull out of it (hopefully)

here are head file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16229315/javik head 2,0.pdo
here is armor file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16229315/javik armor.pdo

Finished making EVA foam bases for armor parts. (photos tomorrow) It weird to make such small armor parts compared to previous costume i made.

here are some fresh puled head shots. it still need some kind of reinforment inside and paint.

This is what it looks right now (except head cast). Soft EVA foam armor pieces, they will be reinforced and bent to right shape with high density support structures and then fiber-glassed with 300g/m2 fiberglass matt and 140g/m2 fiberglass fabric for texture

DSC_7307.JPG

So this is how it looks right now, i dont have time neither to paint it nor to fiberglass the armor

IMAG0410.jpg
I couldn't find right fabric for legs, arms and body i will be making my own fabric with right texture on it.
This is MDF board with wallpaper attached to it. this will become a fiberglass mold for casting latex+fabric material with right texture and straight in right colors. It's ~86cm long and 40cm wide, so i will be making quite few casts from it.

View attachment 179320
I couldn't find right fabric for legs, arms and body i will be making my own fabric with right texture on it.
This is MDF board with wallpaper attached to it. this will become a fiberglass mold for casting latex+fabric material with right texture and straight in right colors. It's ~86cm long and 40cm wide, so i will be making quite few casts from it.

Can you explain how you will be doing this a little more?

Can you explain how you will be doing this a little more?

this will be a fiberglass mold with textured surface, i will flip it upside down so textured side will be on top. i will apply latex and it will go into all small holes and crevices and few minutes later i will apply a fabric that will attach to latex. i hope latex will become like texture layer for fabric. something like little scales or reptile skin

IMAG0414.jpg

this is how molded fabric looks fresh out of mold, i used just a regular cotton bed sheet material and some thin layer of latex

Very cool effect, thanks for sharing! Since it is latex, do you think it will breath? Or will heat/sweating be an issue?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back