maided's ironman mark 42 first build: SUIT DONE NOVEMBER 30, 2012

ironmaided

Sr Member
Good Day mates! iron.maided here. . .
'm rebooting my Iron-Man mark42 build thread (yeah another iron-man)

I'd seen some freehand builds of the suit and i was pretty amazed on their builds. .so again i'll continue my own build because they motivated me alot.

so here's what i've got so far. . .

got test painted the chest and back with regular gold and signal red colors. . .and to be honest i'm not satisfied. . .i think i'll gonna use a honda-red color and a cream or tan spray paint to replace the regular gold. .
got the ab and cod parts freehanded, very hard to build that part alot of trial and errors but somehow i manage to build it. it's actually 2 layers of 6mm foam. . .i noticed that the details in the abs and cod pieces are not totaly embossed. .so i just layered them in place and added some minor details using soldering iron.
the arms are a little bit hard to explain *lol* . . .it's actually darkside's mark 7 bicep. .i just modified them after i printed them out. . the shoulder bells are freehanded. . .the elbows are freehanded and the forearm parts are dancinfool's mark 3 forearms modified after printed out. .

few parts needed to be built are the legs, the neck seal, gloves, shoes and the helmet. . .the helmet will be solid resin and bondo.

i'm planning to finish this before December 1 for an upcoming charity costume play (cosplay) event here in our country so hopefully i'll get this done. :)
signing off for now :)

~iron.maided

183948_375928619156270_767488471_n.jpg

576451_375928085822990_5373007_n.jpg

602271_375928135822985_411621065_n.jpg

416856_375928259156306_1178991789_n.jpg

544841_375928912489574_1477256796_n.jpg

156662_375928782489587_818721472_n.jpg

318949_375928662489599_1862851069_n.jpg

:love

Last edited:
Re: ANOTHER IRON-MAN BUILD (MK42 from the upcoming Marvel's Iron-Man 3 movie)

wow, that looks amazing and detailed. im loving the mark 8/47 more and more each time i see it. very cool man!

ironmaided,

Awesome build! I really like your shoulder.
Currently I got a problem with the bicep. Not very happy with the shoulder too.

I used Honda red, still thinking about the gold part. I couldn't get the right color too. The beige/tan that I have is not metallic, but probably I will go with that one.

(y)thumbsup

ironmaided,

Awesome build! I really like your shoulder.
Currently I got a problem with the bicep. Not very happy with the shoulder too.

I used Honda red, still thinking about the gold part. I couldn't get the right color too. The beige/tan that I have is not metallic, but probably I will go with that one.

(y)thumbsup

thanks mate :thumbsup I used Honda Red on my paper build MKVI and i really like it. About the gold/tan parts it's really a pain in the *u-know-what*. I'll try to invest to 3 paint choices. . .Cream, Tan or Kaki (if the spelling is right) spray paints.

p.s. : i missed something on your thread regarding "help" with your files xD

Last edited:

Actually metallic beige (or they call it champagne) will suit the best. Some car manufacturer had that color in their production line for some time. However, it is just not available in spray can.
I tried "dutches gold" (see my Mk8 build, it didn't turned out good). I hate the new color combination, but don't have much choice.

I'm really liking these recent free-hand builds that have been coming out of the woodwork. I follow each and everyone. Looking foward to this one...GM

super detailed! that suit is gonna pose a big task for people who want to try it.

keeping this thread bookmarked.

I'm really liking these recent free-hand builds that have been coming out of the woodwork. I follow each and everyone. Looking foward to this one...GM

super detailed! that suit is gonna pose a big task for people who want to try it.

keeping this thread bookmarked.

Amazing detail looking forward to more updates!

thanks guys! those words motivates me alot :D

Actually metallic beige (or they call it champagne) will suit the best. Some car manufacturer had that color in their production line for some time. However, it is just not available in spray can.
I tried "dutches gold" (see my Mk8 build, it didn't turned out good). I hate the new color combination, but don't have much choice.

i'd seen your thread and it's awesome by the way. . .i had metalic "champagne" but i'm afraid that my suit will be ruined. .maybe i'll try it on a scrap sheet of foam just to be sure.

currently i'm building the legs. . .maybe tomorrow i'll be able to post some pictures :)

It's already "ruined" when they first show it at SDCC :lol.
Are you planning to do your own color, or try to be close to the real one?
Decision,decision........

It's already "ruined" when they first show it at SDCC :lol.
Are you planning to do your own color, or try to be close to the real one?
Decision,decision........

:unsure not so sure. .thats why i test painted the torso with regular iron-manish gold from my other builds. .

Oh no....don't go that way.
As much as it's appealing, I suggest not (with respect of the cardboardium lovers). Been there, done that.

Oh no....don't go that way.
As much as it's appealing, I suggest not (with respect of the cardboardium lovers). Been there, done that.

the helmet pep file is somewhat hard to build for me. . so i decided to make a mock-up cardboardanium helmet, it was just for testing purposes.

Wow that looks pretty good. :thumbsup

Try to check out tribalgrind's thread. The colors he used are spot on.

i need more reference of the legs >< do you know where i can grab those?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back