Ironman Mark IV

jjones

So here is my Mark IV made from JFCustoms foam templates. Took about a month to get to this point, plan on spending this weekend painting it

15112-templates-1-2.jpg

15114-templates-2-2.jpg

15113-pieces.jpg

15111-full-suit.jpg

you probably know this, but in case you didn't, before you paint it prime the foam with pva glue so the paint sticks and it doesn't end up looking like painted foam

you probably know this, but in case you didn't, before you paint it prime the foam with pva glue so the paint sticks and it doesn't end up looking like painted foam

Yes, I put one coat of a slightly watered down pva glue, theeeeeeen a coat of just pva glue......theeeeen I'm gonna coat in dupli-color adhesion promoter......theeeeen a coat of metallic silver, theeeeen the dupli-color dark cherry metallic and sunburst gold....It's almost too easy!:)

Any updates here? I am using these same files and same foam, so I'd love to see your suit all painted up!

So here is my Mark IV made from JFCustoms foam templates. Took about a month to get to this point, plan on spending this weekend painting it

15111-full-suit.jpg

I like the proportions in your suit (thus far) - though the torso looks a tad bit long (in my own personal opinion, for what it's worth). I've seen some other pep suits that looked a bit too bulky in the arms, torso and legs - but yours looks much more "true to movie" proportionate, save for the slightly longer torso (again, just my own constructive opinion).

VERY GOOD WORK thus far !!! :thumbsup

I like the proportions in your suit (thus far) - though the torso looks a tad bit long (in my own personal opinion, for what it's worth). I've seen some other pep suits that looked a bit too bulky in the arms, torso and legs - but yours looks much more "true to movie" proportionate, save for the slightly longer torso (again, just my own constructive opinion).

VERY GOOD WORK thus far !!! :thumbsup

Thanks! the torso may look a bit long but it may just be the mannequin, or it could be the fact that I am 6'4". we will see once i finish the paint job and suit up.

err... you know that the suit is meant to fit someone exactly 6 feet tall right?

P.S. oh i forgot to ask this before, but how much foam did you use to make the whole suit? i'm looking for a reference of default scale

err... you know that the suit is meant to fit someone exactly 6 feet tall right?

P.S. oh i forgot to ask this before, but how much foam did you use to make the whole suit? i'm looking for a reference of default scale

7'6" x 4'0 EVA foam sheets- 2 rolls.

16448-ironman-2.jpg

Small update:
Got the abs permanently fixed to the cod piece, and I wasn't liking the way the foam was taking paint with just the glue wash so went ahead and coated the whole suit in a paintable rubberized coating that i got a BIG LOTS for $3 a can

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back