Iron Patriot - race to Dallas Comic-Con! 28 days / 14 pieces (+ detail/paint)

MorbidCharlie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, another Iron Patriot build. I wasn't going to make another suit until I finished my Mark III, but I saw jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot files and the subsequent JFcustom speed build conversion and figured "What the hell". My original intention was to do a complete low detail speed build, but the perfectionist got the better of me and I started playing around. My build is based on jackieisrockin's pep with some customization of my own. I am using quovadis' idea of penning in lines and will finish and paint using docholiday78's PVA/liquid Tape method. I am using the Hot Toys Iron Patriot figure and movie shots as references. The goal is to be ready to go by Dallas Comic-Con on 5/18.

htironpatriotfig1-1363935862.jpg

To give you an idea of the level of detail I am going for, here is one forearm ready for finishing and painting:

904640_4896413044292_439076385_o.jpg

Here's what's left to do:
  • 2 Boots
  • 2 Shins
  • 2 Thighs
  • Cod
  • Abs
  • Chest
  • 1 Bicep
  • 1 Forearm
  • 1 Shoulder
  • Helmet
  • Cannon

Good luck mate, if you can pull it off in 28 days you're a better man than I am lol mine took about 4 months or so (albeit working on it on and off).

Looking good so far. You are off to a good start.
I have gone to the Dallas Comic con in the past and cosplay did not seem like a big thing. Mostly women at booths dressed up.
So if you get this done and show up in costume you are sure to get mobbed by fans.

Yeah, P4r4dox86, I'm pretty ambitious. I've already redone a couple of pieces that I was unhappy with, so I'm not making great time. My original goal was to have it done by the premiere, but I realized that wasn't going to happen a week in. I'm working on it daily in some fashion... some days I have more time than others.

Thanks for the compliment Alpha... that lizardman costume is awesome. I've been a Soul Calibur fan back from the Soul Edge days.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back