Iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz mk1 helmet done,MK6 Almost

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz chest n back

another little update;
decided to have a go at gettin a little foamy,so a trip to pound world,camping mat for a £1 and the neck seal was born.
sun came out briefly:confused
so did a slight mod to back,moulded piece what was on the neck seal in.then time for a few coats of 2k primer n light dust/guide coat of matt black,will give it final flatting in a few days.
then onto shoulder bells,joined inner and outer together with hot glue,then cut away a section of the inner bell what isn't visible to make easier for glassing as one piece.used roving instead of mat lot easier to work with.
one down one to go.
the shoulder bells differ to the ones on the hottoys mk4,has anyone any ideas as to how the detail lines should be?

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz neck seal,shoulder bell,back chest

Wow!!! that is and is going to be one fantasic build!!! nice choice of colors also:)

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz neck seal,shoulder bell,back chest

Looks great. I"ve been looking for what color red to use. Thanks for posting the one you used.

Oscar

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz hand

couldn't be bothered pepping hand,so armed with a sense of madness, decided to try something a little different:lol

wrapped some camping mat foam round my hand for a little girth,put on a wooly glove to even things out,put on a latex glove,then put on a white cotton glove,taped it down and resined:wacko
a bit of filler and a hand is born:lol

word of warning if trying this it's bloody hot!!!!!!!!!!:lol

That is one of The best pepakura builds i have seen. The dedication to transforming the paper forms/ shapes into clean smoth peices. GOOD WORK! Keep it up.

i've seen iron man suits done with tupperware all the way to real metal and each one of them have been freakin awsome , this one is included , great job

You have taken your time and it shows. I really appreciate you sharing the information and ideas, I'm doing the same build and its been an inspiration reading your posts. Im sure I speak for all of us when I say we are looking forward to seeing more. Its going to be a beautiful suit when its finished.

This looks amazing. So clean, so smooth.

very impressive work ! :love

Looking good buddy.

i've seen iron man suits done with tupperware all the way to real metal and each one of them have been freakin awsome , this one is included , great job

thanks very much chaps

You have taken your time and it shows. I really appreciate you sharing the information and ideas, I'm doing the same build and its been an inspiration reading your posts. Im sure I speak for all of us when I say we are looking forward to seeing more. Its going to be a beautiful suit when its finished.

Rowdy welcome to the rpf,and thanks for your first post,need any help feel free to ask,look forward to seeing pics of your build

Great stuff! Very clean lines. Lovin it!

indie thanks, loving your build mikey will be the best dressed kid on halloween:thumbsup

That is one of The best pepakura builds i have seen. The dedication to transforming the paper forms/ shapes into clean smoth peices. GOOD WORK! Keep it up.

TMP thanks very much,im lost for words at that comment,very humbling your suit's the dogs danglies and inspiring.

its funny how when people see the parts sat there it brings the kid out in them,a mate and his missus came round i left the room,a minute later i could hear his missus laughing, mr watson was trying to get in the codpiece to no avail.
many people tried the cod but no joy,n even slit down the side was very restictrive:angrywouldnt even fit on a mannequin ive picked up.
so time for a bit of major surgery:
rather than pep another i decided to widen it by a 1.5" either side,and 1/2" front n rear creating a xtra 4",attach the mid section and create a shed load of filling n reshaping.
the chest /back section now needs 2" adding at either side now.
although now a few of mates can get in it,and want to!!!

and maybe me if i loose a couple of inch:lol:lol

but im happy:) with it now,and need to be,because it'll be stood in my living room and will have to look at it every day.it'll niggle me if i aint.

the abs after playing around were a awkward fit,so i made some up out of foam core art board,glassed resin filled will be moulding these due to the thickness.
n both palms finally finished.

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz cod ab surgery

Nice work on those mrk 4 ab/cod, looks great! i just finished the same area but on the mark 3 i also had to cut and shape to make them fit better

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz cod ab surgery

Nice work on those mrk 4 ab/cod, looks great! i just finished the same area but on the mark 3 i also had to cut and shape to make them fit better

thanks kagn,your builds looking bloody amazing!!! youve got some patience

well a bit more done:
started on the hip pods and wasn't happy with the way they were turning out.alittle to detailed for a pep build.so out with the circle cutter/pvc board,cut a circle n 2 rings,glued them together.then cut the centre out of the pepped pod n glued the piece in.a touch of filler n primer and a pod is born with crisp details:)happy days.
next job to take a mold,first time ever molding:confused.and again happy days:)
2 more pods born,i like it when a plan comes together.
i mocked the body up laid down n noticed a issue at the crotch area that needs a little resolving,but its getting there

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz hip pods done

Really nice work!
I wish you were making a Mark III though. I don't like the Mark IV or VI Design

But I'm very impressed with your work!

How did you manage to link the thigh with the shin?

Re: iron man mk4 (wip) fingaz hip pods done

Oh come on........... the skill level here is getting to be off the charts guys!! Can a little guy get some help?? Wow, you are putting together one sweet suit. So, if you have a bad pull or two, give me a ring.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back