Iron Man MK V proyect

dlowrider

My project is a more ambitious if the idea is to make the armor as original as possible, all the moving parts to make in suitcase physically transforming into the armor, started 20 days ago and these are my progress, I started from 0, line per line, vertex x vertex, using photos, the movie in HD, and in a few days I got the 1:16 model hot toys cost me to get but it is on the way, with all these tools and some ideas to show later I hope to finish this project, the idea itself is to make all the pieces, printed in 1:1 scale 3D printer, using a simple servo electronics and control software for stepper motors, initially all parts will be made ​​in ABS plastic and then goeth to do all in aluminum metal foundry itself, I hope you enjoy this project as I am and I accept any suggestions or ideas as well as constructive critics.-

As a 3D modeler, I find this absolutely beautiful. Iron Man is a tough 3D build and the wireframe here is very clean. Nice job! (y))

upgrade chest & shoulders, much better I think,

24481756.jpg

59894916.jpg

46824186.jpg

92597010.jpg

Last edited:
That is some awesome modelling skills !!what concept are you going to use ???
the mark 5 from iron man 2 or the one at the sdcc 2012 ?

That is some awesome modelling skills !!what concept are you going to use ???
the mark 5 from iron man 2 or the one at the sdcc 2012 ?

the mark V from Iron man II movie, the original, the model at the comic-con is really nice but, u know is no the same like the movie, i try to do a 99 % all parts, I start legs and arms, I feel really inspired, I have the hot toys model in 1:6 scale, the model is really nicely done but only use the concept, I use a small portion of the film and pics, where the armor appears when unfolding the suit case, my idea is to make "it" "real"

Super ambitious. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

We need to start a pool or something for the first person to release a decent Mk 5 pep.

Last edited:
Woow do you own an 3d printer ? Perhaps an metal milling machine ?

yes, is an uprint SE, and the idea is print all parts, then make green sand molds making the parts with aluminium casting.
I know that is a terrible work, but I think is no impossible, and the must difficult part of the proyect is the transforming and mobile parts, but I have some crazy ideas to make it possible this.

It's 100x better... Thats probably from the bonus DVD, if there is one...

sure, Im trying to get more data of that video, or others where i can see more details, i finish the arms but, I see other details after finish and I making changes, 10 times I say finished, ****ing details :facepalm

Looks like you are prefectionist? XD That is good... Just keep doing what you are already doing and it will be great suit... And of course first of it's kind ;)

Upgrade back spine and flaps or I dont know wtf is (the part like "V"), I need to do this first for put other parts, arms and all mobile parts and engage the spine. move or rotate like a normal movements, inside there is other piece to make it much stronger.

61919516.jpg

41592466.jpg

16996371.jpg

I hope tomorrow finish the arms, front part & back and start legs, boots are in process, easy, but my head gonna burn, I need a rest :cheers:D

Keep going man you're doing great. I cand wait to see how you handle the helmet aspect in the transformation. Seems like the helmet and the arms would be the hardest part.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back