Iron Man Mark VI Foam V.2 (All major parts finished!!!)

Max5796

IMG_0252.JPGIMG_0255.JPGIMG_2588.JPG

Hey this is my threat of my iron man mark VI suit made of foam. I still have a threat with my first suit but I decided to make a new one :D

I use LD45 Plastazote foam because you can heat it up with a hot air gun and bend it in 2 directions at once. With this foam you can make nice curves and you can cut it very clean.

After I made the suit out of foam I will cover it with 2-3 layers of Plasti-dip and paint it on.

Neck and gloves I still have to do, than I will have finished the hole suit :)

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark VI Foam suit second suit

Here are a few photos what I´ve done last week. Saturday I will go on with the shoulders and the abs

It is Plastazote foam also known as EVA foam. i use ld45 you can bend the foam very good with a hot air gun in 2 directions. With this technique you can make nice curves .

does enyone know where to find iron man mark 2 foam tamplates

Keko, Mark 2 is the Mark 3, in the movie it was made out of the steel that iced over so he switched types of metals to make the suit.

Yes Vertigo is right. In the movie he only use more screws on the chest and on other parts and the color is different the rest is completely the same as the mark 3

A small update! Shoulders done. My new foam arrived yesterday so I can go on now to build the rest of the suit :)

Could you give me a Feedback if I did the suit till now good or is it not good for example bad cuts or something like that

I think your build looks AMAZING so far. Such clean cuts and great proportions. Keep up this same work and by the end, this suit will be ultra amazing.

Thank you, it´s very important for me to get a feedback and it is great if the feedback is positive. I´am also very impressed by your suit it looks amazing.

Sorry for bad english I am from Germany :D

Thank you, it´s very important for me to get a feedback and it is great if the feedback is positive. I´am also very impressed by your suit it looks amazing.

Sorry for bad english I am from Germany :D

No problem man. You deserve the positive praise, your suit is top notch.

hey max!
very nice suit you're making.
gonna start making the VI soon aswell haha :D hope it will be good as yours:)

and im curious about where did u get the eva foam from? im from netherlands, and here they dont even know what eva foam means or Plastazote foam... and im kinda searching the same product "Plastazote foam ld45" so ye, i would appreciate the site or w.e,
keep up the good work!

very nice, clean edges.
youre gonna get a good paintjob and result with those seams

Dear ImRaMin16

I searched the plastazote I think for 6 months than I found a little page were I get it from now.
Unser Onlineshop that is the side
go to Flightcase and than Fittlinge and than Schaumstoff

And thanks to all for their comment :)

thanks man!!!
ive been searching my ass off haha! xD
they do sell it to other country's aswel right?
like NL or belgium etc etc..

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back