done delete

Re: IRON MAN - Mark III Armor Build

@LeDragon- Yes, he's referring to fiberglass resin. :)

as for updates. I'm still going. I have the chest pepped. Now for the back

SAM_0440.jpg

Last edited:

Chest looks awesome Stealth, what pep file are you using? Is it Dancin Fool's with less pieces?

another piece pepped and before breakfast, damn you're fast stealth, lookin good! also i know what you are saying about the 8 - 10 min pot life with the epoxamite 101, thats why i use the 102(medium) you get about half hour pot life, plenty of time to finish whatever you are working on before it gels, only draw back is a 14hr cure time ! the resin is the same it is just the hardeners that are different, so you can always just pick up a different hardener for it. did you get the dispensing pumps as well?

Last edited:

Chest looks awesome Stealth, what pep file are you using? Is it Dancin Fool's with less pieces?

Thanks man, Its the same file, just has more joined edges.

another piece pepped and before breakfast, damn you're fast stealth, lookin good! also i know what you are saying about the 8 - 10 min pot life with the epoxamite 101, thats why i use the 102(medium) you get about half hour pot life, plenty of time to finish whatever you are working on before it gels, only draw back is a 14hr cure time ! the resin is the same it is just the hardeners that are different, so you can always just pick up a different hardener for it. did you get the dispensing pumps as well?

Yeah man. I got the pumps. I think you have to. It seems kinda thick. I don't know how I'd use it without them.

I don't have any problems with the 101, I'm happy with it. I work fast enough to not have any real issues. :)

man you build fast, this thread has only been up for a little over a week :eek!! keep it up STEALTH!

Seriously stealth, i think you can split into 4 people and you just bust these out fast. Amazing work =]

Thanks man, Its the same file, just has more joined edges.

Yeah man. I got the pumps. I think you have to. It seems kinda thick. I don't know how I'd use it without them.

I don't have any problems with the 101, I'm happy with it. I work fast enough to not have any real issues. :)

Stealth nice work bra!!! Very clean pep work also. Awesome build keep it up!!!

Wow. Thanks so much guys. If you guys see me in person pepping you'll think my hand is possessed. It really flies around the tabs lol.

I'm determined to finish this build this year.

Finished the back. It was a lot easier than the front.

Also, I'm doing the helmet over. I was actually ready to start sculpting but I wasn't happy with it, so I'm re pepping it using the same file.
Should have that updated in a few days.

I did have some time to resin the front Chest section of the torso before I left for work this afternoon.
It's dry now so I thought I show it before I glass the inside.

Going to do the flaps before I redo the helmet. I want to get those out of the way first.
SAM_0441.jpg

SAM_0443.jpg

SAM_0442.jpg

Looking really good buddy, def the best pep guy I know. ;) This is just oozing win already. :lol:cool

Dude, how many arms do you have...? You gotta have at least six to work that accurate, that fast. Or is it that you've learned to slow down time?

Man! Amazing!! :)

Thank guys!
I'm Hoping to get the whole suit pepped, resined and glassed before the end of april so I can start working on it in the spring.

The key for me is a sharp blade and no ruler.
I have a 100-pack of blades for the hobby knife
I use a fresh one for major pieces and 1 for 2-3 small pieces then throw it away.

awesome work what pep files are you using? looks like a mk IV on the collarbone? isnt this a mark 3?

Thank guys!
I'm Hoping to get the whole suit pepped, resined and glassed before the end of april so I can start working on it in the spring.

The key for me is a sharp blade and no ruler.
I have a 100-pack of blades for the hobby knife
I use a fresh one for major pieces and 1 for 2-3 small pieces then throw it away.

i'm worried that i would score to deep and cut off a tab or something. It's looking good

awesome work what pep files are you using? looks like a mk IV on the collarbone? isnt this a mark 3?

It'll be DancinFools files, only real files out there worth building. ;) Uh are you looking at the pics proper? It's all Mark3 100%.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back