Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Texas, USA
    Apr 11, 2013, 12:49 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1851

LED ring looks good--I may use that geometry on my gloves. And thanks for sharing the dancing man picture Rodolfo--I wish I had this in my earlier days!
    From
    Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
    Apr 12, 2013, 5:36 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1852

Daborg said: View Post
    LED ring looks good--I may use that geometry on my gloves. And thanks for sharing the dancing man picture Rodolfo--I wish I had this in my earlier days!
    You wellcome. I like that name for the picture! LOL
    I hope it helps.
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Earth
    Apr 13, 2013, 2:23 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1853

This is going to seem like a silly question, but since the glove pattern isn't a pep file, what program am I supposed to open it with? I've tried to just copy and save it, but the file won't open.
    Apr 17, 2013, 3:41 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1854

I just printed mine normally Wyldstaar

Thoughts...debating on connecting my ab section to the cod piece on my new suit..benefits/drawbacks? I hated how my ab section was always slouching (shouldve added a buckle under the reactor) Ideally I'd like to be able to sit in this suit as well. thoughts?
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Texas, USA
    Apr 17, 2013, 4:38 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1855

I'm thinking about the same thing. I will probably attach the front abs to the sides, but leave the top of the ab-plate free to go under the chest piece for when/if I sit down...hhhhmmmmm
  6. Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Earth
    Apr 17, 2013, 7:16 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1856

TurboTrey03 said: View Post
    I just printed mine normally Wyldstaar
    Could you be a bit more specific please? What is normal for you is clearly not normal for me. I print images off the internet all the time with no difficulty by just right clicking and saving. Once a pic is saved, I can view it and/or print it at any time. That's what I consider to be normal.

When it comes to the glove diagrams, I can save them, but I can't view or print them with this method.
    Apr 20, 2013, 11:10 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1857

Hi all - I've been slowly adding reference images from my Mark 6 foam armor build. I hope some of you will find these useful. Here's some pics of the hands. I glued the foam pieces around a rubber glove (Gorilla Grip ..arrrr!) from the local Home Depot. These worked out great since the paint adhered to the rubber and the foam. I added LEDs from a dismantled flashlight; slipped between the glove and the foam - wired to a battery pack in the hand plate using 2-pin connectors. This also made it easier to take the armor hands on and off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK6 foam hands_prepainted.JPG 
Views:	369 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	174220Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK6 Hand Build.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	174221

and the painted hand.

Name:	MK6 foam Hand painted.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	174223
    Apr 20, 2013, 11:55 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1858

Some details on the boot build. I used Robo3867's and Stealth's boot template for foam (on first page of this thread). I wanted to be able to walk without too much trouble and add some height (I'm 5'7''), so I padded the feet with rigid foam sandals. I cut them in half and built the boot around them -- see the picture. After adding more foam sandal pieces inside the boot, and rubber soled swim shoes I added about 3 inches to the suit.

Name:	Boot.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	174235
    From
    Laguna Hills
    Apr 24, 2013, 1:00 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1859

Well i figured out where the foam pepakrua files were on the forum and printed out the mask and neck piece to iron man. Not sure which one it is though probabaly 6. Anyhow if this is what its supposed to look like im dooomed. I have no patience for the paper version and i jsut spent 30 bucks on a bunch of foam. This is made of foamies. I have the heavey garage style foam mattes that look like puzzle pieces and those will be for the rest of the suit but i need to know ahead of time... Did i screw up big time or what the hell is going on? Ive never been good at complex things like this... Help?

Name:	IronManMaskFoamies.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	175611

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM.pdo <--- this is the pattern i used.
    Last edited by VinceRaptor; Apr 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Apr 24, 2013, 1:17 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1860

Anyone figure anything out to cover up the lower butt area? I think that's one of the only places left I still need to find a way to cover..
    Apr 25, 2013, 12:41 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1861

fyreant said: View Post
    Anyone figure anything out to cover up the lower butt area? I think that's one of the only places left I still need to find a way to cover..
    I made some custom "butt flaps" lol. Just made the COD as usual and then customized the flaps low enough to cover the cheeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Apr 25, 2013, 12:43 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1862

VinceRaptor said: View Post
    Well i figured out where the foam pepakrua files were on the forum and printed out the mask and neck piece to iron man. Not sure which one it is though probabaly 6. Anyhow if this is what its supposed to look like im dooomed. I have no patience for the paper version and i jsut spent 30 bucks on a bunch of foam. This is made of foamies. I have the heavey garage style foam mattes that look like puzzle pieces and those will be for the rest of the suit but i need to know ahead of time... Did i screw up big time or what the hell is going on? Ive never been good at complex things like this... Help?

Name:	IronManMaskFoamies.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	292.6 KB 
ID:	175611

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM.pdo <--- this is the pattern i used.
    You're on the right track. I built my helm a total of 5 times now and finally have one I'm happy with. Planning to do a paper and resin version in the near future, but the one I have now works well. What thickness of foamies are you using? I used 6mm for mine. Seems to hold up a lot better.

From
    Laguna Hills
    Apr 25, 2013, 1:37 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1863

not sure where to find 6 mm. This is the craft foamies that are super thin. Probably 2 - 3 mm
    From
    Salem,New Hampshire
    Apr 25, 2013, 10:43 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1864

I used 6mm foamies as well and they were better suited for the job. Looks good,just needs thicker foam.
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    From
    los angeles
    Apr 25, 2013, 12:56 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1865

Name:	IMAG2589.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	176247thanks to these files!!!
    sterling archer said: View Post
    I used 6mm foamies as well and they were better suited for the job. Looks good,just needs thicker foam.
    Apr 25, 2013, 7:27 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1866

not sure where to find 6 mm. This is the craft foamies that are super thin. Probably 2 - 3 mm
    VinceRaptor - You should check out a local craft store; that's where I got all of my foam (in my case from JoAnn's crafts). The one I shopped at had 2, 3, and 6mm foam. I used the 6mm for most parts, and thinner foam on smaller, finer parts (fingers for example). If no luck at a craft store, I know others on the forum have purchased online.
    From
    Laguna Hills
    Apr 25, 2013, 11:51 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1867

I went to michaels, walmart and will have to check out jo annes cause i have yet to see any kind of 6 mm foam
    From
    Salem,New Hampshire
    Apr 26, 2013, 5:02 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1868

Jo-Anne fabrics is were I found 6mm foam in 9x11 and on line they carry 11x18.
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Apr 26, 2013, 8:32 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1869

This question has probably already been answered, but how do you know how to scale the files? The original posting says they are left in default scale...
    Apr 26, 2013, 11:34 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1870

BaseZero said: View Post
    I made some custom "butt flaps" lol. Just made the COD as usual and then customized the flaps low enough to cover the cheeks.

pics? trying to get an idea..
  21. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Apr 27, 2013, 1:44 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1871

Hello folks!

I'm curious if anyone's done a set of Pep/foam files for the MK.42 yet?
    Also, how would I scale the foam files for my height? I'm a tall feller at 6'4.
    From
    Laguna Hills
    May 2, 2013, 1:38 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1872

The pepkura foam files for the neck are missing the side neck pieces. Is there a fixed file for that? Also i got some 1/4 inch thick foam from a large Jo Anne's store. 8 x 11 sheets at nearly 2 bucks each. Ick. I printed out the neck file just to see if it will fit me without resizing. Im average build 5' 9" tall at 150lbs The size on these things state (Scale 1.52) so for sombody my size would that work or if not what scale would work for me since im sure im not the only one of my size here to have tried to make this suit.

I have no idea why im having so much trouble with this...

I also bought some foam pads from walmart but i think they may be too thick for anything on the suit. What do you think? They are the "GOLDS GYM" High impact flooring. 6 piece puzzle design covers 24 square feet and is 2' x 2' x 1/2" thick
    May 3, 2013, 12:41 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1873

The pepkura foam files for the neck are missing the side neck pieces. Is there a fixed file for that? Also i got some 1/4 inch thick foam from a large Jo Anne's store. 8 x 11 sheets at nearly 2 bucks each. Ick. I printed out the neck file just to see if it will fit me without resizing. Im average build 5' 9" tall at 150lbs The size on these things state (Scale 1.52) so for sombody my size would that work or if not what scale would work for me since im sure im not the only one of my size here to have tried to make this suit.

I have no idea why im having so much trouble with this...

I also bought some foam pads from walmart but i think they may be too thick for anything on the suit. What do you think? They are the "GOLDS GYM" High impact flooring. 6 piece puzzle design covers 24 square feet and is 2' x 2' x 1/2" thick
    1/2" is too thick. Go to Sears and go to the toolbox section. They have a roll of "best step" foam flooring which is 1/4" thick. Its like $25 for an 8'x4' roll. I did my entire costume on about a rolls and a half of it.

cheers.
    From
    Laguna Hills
    May 3, 2013, 2:56 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1874

fyreant said: View Post
    1/2" is too thick. Go to Sears and go to the toolbox section. They have a roll of "best step" foam flooring which is 1/4" thick. Its like $25 for an 8'x4' roll. I did my entire costume on about a rolls and a half of it.

cheers.
    Thanks for leting me know. Ill return the huge floormats back to walmart and go to sears to get the proper size. Also if you want to keep tabs on my progress i made a new thread. http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-first-a...ronman-184001/ I need as much help and advice as possible since I get easily frustrated when things dont work out right. Hence why I gave up on the helmet 2 years ago and why i gave up on the pepkura chest and hand this week. The Paper versions are just too damn hard for me.
  25. Member Since
    May 2013
    May 3, 2013, 5:23 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post* #1875

hi , i'm italian and i don't speak english very well.
    i'm trying to make an iron man armor whit foam 8 mm ld 45.
    i understand a lot of technical from this forum and video , but i don't understand the various phases for paint the armor.

1 i use glue 4/5 layer
    2 i use the primer spray 2/3 layers
    3 i use red color and gold color 2/3 layers
    4 i use plastidip for protect the armor and the color 2 layer

but you don't use the poliester resin ?
    thanks
    Dario