Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Northridge, CA
    Oct 2, 2011, 1:14 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #51

here is the circled areas i found a issue with and kinda unsure what to do with the chest portion, some of the pieces im taking from my other pep files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chestfinal.jpg 
Views:	1596 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	69601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	codfinal.jpg 
Views:	1317 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	69602  
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 2:02 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #52

jayjayn said: View Post
    here is the circled areas i found a issue with and kinda unsure what to do with the chest portion, some of the pieces im taking from my other pep files.
    Doesn't seem like an issue other than a little common sense to finish the lines when you trace it out

Files will never be 100% perfect or Turn key. If I build it using that file, You owe me a cookie

PM sent regardless.
    From
    Alabang, P.I.
    Oct 2, 2011, 3:03 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #53

this is great stealth, when i get back my appropriate weight i will try building this. thanks for sharing.
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 3:52 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #54

Boot file is up in First Page. It's gonna be a tricky one to build. It's doable though.
    From
    Midlands, UK
    Oct 2, 2011, 5:13 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #55

Man these files look great! Excellent job on them, this pep stuff amazed me. May have to give it a go myself. Like the foamies build too!
  6. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Sweden
    Oct 2, 2011, 5:16 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #56

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is awesome! ;-)
  7. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    San Diego, Ca
    Oct 2, 2011, 5:58 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #57

Hey, STEALTH.... Would these files work on 1/2 inch thick/gym floor mats? I know 1/2 inch thick foam would be too big for the helmet...
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 12:11 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #58

hmm half inch. I have some of those. If that's all you have, try it out. Never hurts to try

yeah, definitely not for the helmet haha
    From
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Oct 2, 2011, 5:53 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #59

I just tried to download these files and picked up a nasty virus called "cloud AV" that took over my operating system and would not let me delete it. My computer is in the shop now being repaired. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.
    From
    Sacramento
    Oct 2, 2011, 6:05 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #60

BATGIRL said: View Post
    I just tried to download these files and picked up a nasty virus called "cloud AV" that took over my operating system and would not let me delete it. My computer is in the shop now being repaired. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.
    What file were you downloading when this happened?

Strange, I downloaded all the files already. My antivirus came up with nothing. I did an complete scan to be sure and its all good. Must have resulted from something else. Besides they are from Stef who I trust.
    From
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Oct 2, 2011, 6:35 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #61

I trusted him too thats why I downloaded the head and the neck, when I started to download the chest that is when the virus popped up. Maybe a coinsidence but I wouldn't feel right if I at least didn't warn you about what happened.
    From
    Oz
    Oct 2, 2011, 6:40 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #62

I downloaded the head and neck and haven't had any problems with any viruses.

Thanks Stef! Your tutorial on how to mod pepakura for foam (part 2) was REALLY, REALLY helpful.
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 8:07 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #63

Everything looks good to me on my end.
    Last edited by STEALTH; Oct 2, 2011 at 8:12 PM.
  14. j0wE is offline j0wE
    Oct 2, 2011, 9:19 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #64

I also downloaded them all and scanned my whole computer when I saw this, got nothing.

EDIT: I googled "Cloud AV" and it comes up as antivirus software. Might be something to consider.
  15. Member Since
    May 2010
    Oct 2, 2011, 9:41 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #65

Glad you did this and the helmet looks amazing. I plan to try this out soon also excited to see you are going to try the War machine also
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 10:01 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #66

Hey Robin, I've made this helmet in foam before, just remember to use the thin foam. didn't turn out so well when I used the 1/4 stuff.
  17. Member Since
    May 2010
    Oct 2, 2011, 10:08 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #67

Yeah i have some of the smaller stuff... but I will take your advice and do the regular pep too. I agree that you can get so much more detail.
    From
    orlando, fl
    Oct 2, 2011, 10:56 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #68

stealth is the man...
    From
    Colorado
    Oct 2, 2011, 11:00 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #69

Stealth, thanks for helping all of us.
  20. RPF Premium Member quovadis0920's Avatar
    From
    Mars with love
    Oct 2, 2011, 11:44 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #70

hi guys. wanted to share the thigh part i completed using Stealth's template.

and the good thing is it goes well with Don Robert's shoes and shin he gave me.

as expected,my work ain't that uber clean yet

and it's a lot easier to join some parts of the pep during the cutting of foam to lessen the seams on the parts as you can see here

Goodluck on your builds guys!
    From
    Canada
    Oct 2, 2011, 11:55 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #71

You're Killing me Gerhard...now I have to build one :/
    From
    Singapore/Philippines
    Oct 3, 2011, 12:05 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #72

@Gerhard, that was fast! nice work bro.!

'lufet!
  23. RPF Premium Member quovadis0920's Avatar
    From
    Mars with love
    Oct 3, 2011, 12:25 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #73

thanks guys. that was just a quick build last night. just did a test build. did not upload the other thigh as it was just awful. going to build the other parts next weekend
    From
    Brizzy, land of everything poisonous
    Oct 3, 2011, 7:41 AM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #74

stealth: you are some kind of super amazing awesome pepakura BOSS. thank you so much for this.
    From
    Northridge, CA
    Oct 3, 2011, 3:08 PM - Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version #75

@ quovadis0920 great work and good tip, I really needed to do the thighs also, just hated it uses so many pieces , lucky you got the shins and boots from don, do you mind sharing more pics of the boots? I really need t start of my boots but unsure the simplest and fastest way to do it. Also what helps is take your time on the gluing, if it's a long seem go half or quarter of the way then add more glue again later that's my problem with some pieces I rushed it , because in the end a clean seam will matter.