Iron Man Helmet - W.I.P

AsgardAssassin

So I just received an Iron Man Helmet cast from Monkeeman, and I am running this project along with my foam suit build....
http://www.therpf.com/f24/another-iron-man-foam-build-mark-vi-100784/

IMG_0304.jpg

This helmet came as a one piece, and I can't make my mind up whether to just display it or make it wearable too, so prior to painting I have cut the back & the eyes out...
IMG_0310.jpg

After this, I thought to hell with it. Let's go...
IMG_0316.jpg

This did, however, create some instability with the vent at the top of the helmet when the faceplate was removed, so I bent a wire hanger to the shape and hot glued it into the helmet and now its incredibly rigid!!
IMG_0317.jpg

Many of you on here have provided inspiration and given ideas, so I thank you. BadBoyHouse has a great thread, and gave me some direction in terms of paint etc. as we are from the UK.

So I have now given the helmet 4 incredibly fine grey primer coats, to give me a better idea as to what imperfections there are...
IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

I have just got some plastic filler primer, so I will get some on tomorrow and take it from there!

Good so far! Glad you decided to make it wearable...whats the point of a cool helmet if all you can do is look at it? :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back