Iron Man props (helmet - reactor - armor)

Re: Iron Man Helmet made of Sintra (forex) (800x600 pics inside)

Hey there guys.
There is a bit of progress on the helmet, but right now I haven't the pics to back my words up.

I finished the ear disks.
But i had some trouble with the chin which I had to redo.

07102008208.jpg

I worked on the detailing of the side of the helmet and I did the new design that is shown on the HD grabs for the cheeks ridges. (the grey one with all the holes in it...don't know if you got what I mean).

The helmet is almost totally finished, and, as picky as I have been, I have to say that I'm really satisfied with the quality.

I hope to post new pics before wed or thurs max.
Also, this will be a two pieces helmet. Last night I've been working on the central part that fits inside the two "wings" of the faceplate. As you close the helmet, the faceplate sits perfectly on it and you don't see any holes.

Should be a great helmet. All I have to do is trying not to get carried away with being too PICKY.

Thanks for the comments :D
Also, since I'm completely ignorant about electronics, is there any gentle soul who's willing to help me with the wiring of the leds?
That would be really really appreciated.

THANKS!

Almost forgetting...EVO..the congrats from you are the dressing on the cake! You're the real master!

Last edited:

Hey there guys.
There is a bit of progress on the helmet, but right now I haven't the pics to back my words up.

I finished the ear disks.
But i had some trouble with the chin which I had to redo.

07102008208.jpg

I worked on the detailing of the side of the helmet and I did the new design that is shown on the HD grabs for the cheeks ridges. (the grey one with all the holes in it...don't know if you got what I mean).

The helmet is almost totally finished, and, as picky as I have been, I have to say that I'm really satisfied with the quality.

I hope to post new pics before wed or thurs max.
Also, this will be a two pieces helmet. Last night I've been working on the central part that fits inside the two "wings" of the faceplate. As you close the helmet, the faceplate sits perfectly on it and you don't see any holes.

Should be a great helmet. All I have to do is trying not to get carried away with being too PICKY.

Thanks for the comments :D
Also, since I'm completely ignorant about electronics, is there any gentle soul who's willing to help me with the wiring of the leds?
That would be really really appreciated.

THANKS!

Almost forgetting...EVO..the congrats from you are the dressing on the cake! You're the real master!

I hear what your saying about being to picky, suffer with it myself so ill pass on a little quote that helps me.

"Great art is never really finished, just abandoned"

I don't know if anyone caught this but he kinda looks like tony stark.:lol

I see you got the skill to pay the bills...or needs...or wants. Anyway awesome helmet.

Man, you are doing a damn fine job!:thumbsup
I think I have to see it in person to believe it!:love
:D

Thats good work you put into that. And with Forex... Oohh :):thumbsup

Wow, yet another stunning Iron Man helmet!! You guys are crazy!!! :lol More more more!! :thumbsup

Awesome work on the build so far; looks like its treaty well. Also like that clone armor you got done.

Ok, thanks everybody!
I know the helmet is coming along pretty well, but I'm mister PINPOINT perfection so...I'm modifying some things.

THe first thing was the bottom part (jaw and lower cheeks).
The first pic you see shows the mod, the second one it's the old version.

foto3.jpg

Actually almost anything has changed, but now the jaw is a little wider like it should be.
Tomorrow it's gonna be sides time. THe sides kinda sank in and that makes the faceplate pop-out really bad in the front view. So tomorrow, my loyal friend "body filler" will be the star...again...gosh...

Well, any comments on what needs to be fixed would be appreciated. I don't know if I'll be able to fix everything (like the faceplate, that I would LOVE to leave the way it is right now), but I'll try the most things I can.

Thanks in advance mates!

Ok, thanks everybody!
I know the helmet is coming along pretty well, but I'm mister PINPOINT perfection so...I'm modifying some things.

THe first thing was the bottom part (jaw and lower cheeks).
The first pic you see shows the mod, the second one it's the old version.

foto3.jpg

Actually almost anything has changed, but now the jaw is a little wider like it should be.
Tomorrow it's gonna be sides time. THe sides kinda sank in and that makes the faceplate pop-out really bad in the front view. So tomorrow, my loyal friend "body filler" will be the star...again...gosh...

Well, any comments on what needs to be fixed would be appreciated. I don't know if I'll be able to fix everything (like the faceplate, that I would LOVE to leave the way it is right now), but I'll try the most things I can.

Thanks in advance mates!

looking good there mate.

im sure i dont need to tell you this but be carefull when doing side by side photo comparisons. so many things can throw it out like angle,height and the fish eye effect.

i did this on my first helmet and completly meesed it up as my pic was taken to close and distorted the sculpt.

looking forward to seeing it finished

Well, I bet you have never seen what I'm gonna show you!
I'm the first one to go BACKWARDS...not a day, not a month...I'd say a YEAR!

That's what's left of the helmet:

19102008252.jpg

how? being picky and precise.
You get to screw up eventually!

Well it has been fun :D
If I'll ever have the will to start over, I'll let you guys know :D
Gosh...I wanna shoot me in the head...

If you haven't already thrown away the pieces, I'd like to pay for shipping and try to rebuild at my cost and send it back to you, that's TOO much of damn beauty to throw away without a rebuild attempt.

Please consider it.

If you haven't already thrown away the pieces, I'd like to pay for shipping and try to rebuild at my cost and send it back to you, that's TOO much of damn beauty to throw away without a rebuild attempt.

Please consider it.
:cry
THANKS!!!

But tell you what, I'm freaking gonna start over! I found some of the templates last night, and I hope the mistakes of the past would be a way to do it even better. Damn sides!

So guys stand by, don't know when, but I'm gonna do it. It's a matter of principle! It's not even a pleasure anymore! It's a challenge.

To make you understand better my "status" right now:
Right now I'm at work. And I feel like this is my free time, my relax time and the time I spend home it's like WORK!

MUAH AH HA HAH AH AH A HAHA
I'm a little mentally unstable right now, but I so much appreciate your support!

the front view is already better then the old one!
We'll see how this one comes out, even if I think I won't be able to show something decent before a month or so...

I feel your pain, but you can do it!
(this time try to not being so nitpicky, and if you can, use something to makeit stronger, llike a layer of fiberglass inside, so it won't shatter again!:D)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back