Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Texas
    Jun 24, 2010, 5:23 PM - Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #1

This is the first part to my re-make of the Iron Man Mark 6 armor. BTW this is my first pepakura. Any Advice (sorry for the blurry pics)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0033.JPG 
Views:	994 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	28013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0036.JPG 
Views:	750 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	28014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0039.JPG 
Views:	1027 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	28015  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0041.JPG 
Views:	1045 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	28016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0042.JPG 
Views:	990 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	28017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0043.JPG 
Views:	914 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	28018  

From
    Seattle, WA
    Jun 24, 2010, 5:36 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #2

I haven't been here for very long but I can say with some certaintly a few things that are probably shared by a few people here.

1. Don't spam new threads. You created three new threads in a row asking the same questions about slightly different projects. Combine them into one thread.

2. If we can't see the picture, we can't give advice. So I would invest in a slightly better camera.

3. Basically you did step one of a pep build and then asked for advice. My advice is to pep and build one helmet from >Resin>Fiber>Bondo>Sand>Paint, and then see where you are and seek advice. Asking for advice about pep is like buying a lego set and taking a picture of the instructions and pieces and asking what next.

Costuming is a very fun art form, so keep plugging away at it.

-edit: An easy way to get non blurry pics is to do tripod your camera. Even using a small stack of books and setting your phone/camera on it helps alot.

-Also, if you are doing alot of peping, If you arn't already, head over to the 405th(assumign it is online again) and read everything you can about what they do there. They are the pros at pepping.
    Last edited by Hamsterstyle; Jun 24, 2010 at 5:41 PM.
    From
    Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jun 24, 2010, 6:46 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #3

Dude that is awesome! Whose pep are you using? Would you mind sending me a link to it? I've been lookin for a good glove pep and Yours is great
    From
    Texas
    Jun 24, 2010, 6:48 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #4

Shade said: View Post
    Dude that is awesome! Whose pep are you using? Would you mind sending me a link to it? I've been lookin for a good glove pep and Yours is great
    Yeah, sure, no problem, I will PM it to you.
    From
    Texas
    Jun 24, 2010, 6:51 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #5

Hamsterstyle said: View Post
    I haven't been here for very long but I can say with some certaintly a few things that are probably shared by a few people here.

1. Don't spam new threads. You created three new threads in a row asking the same questions about slightly different projects. Combine them into one thread.

2. If we can't see the picture, we can't give advice. So I would invest in a slightly better camera.

3. Basically you did step one of a pep build and then asked for advice. My advice is to pep and build one helmet from >Resin>Fiber>Bondo>Sand>Paint, and then see where you are and seek advice. Asking for advice about pep is like buying a lego set and taking a picture of the instructions and pieces and asking what next.

Costuming is a very fun art form, so keep plugging away at it.

-edit: An easy way to get non blurry pics is to do tripod your camera. Even using a small stack of books and setting your phone/camera on it helps alot.

-Also, if you are doing alot of peping, If you arn't already, head over to the 405th(assumign it is online again) and read everything you can about what they do there. They are the pros at pepping.

Answers to your "notes"
    1. I like to keep things organized, so I am creating different threads to eventually show the steps of the process

2.I had a the wrong setting on the Camera.

3. Again, I will show the steps from Pepakura to the final costume.

4. Thanks for the Tripod advice.
    From
    Athens,Ga
    Jun 25, 2010, 2:32 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #6

I think its robos pep. also card stock would make it alot crisper
    From
    Texas
    Jun 28, 2010, 6:03 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #7

I want to apologize, I just re-read my thread and realized I have only posted half of what was supposed to be up there. When I get a chance I will fix my mistake.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jun 28, 2010, 6:06 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #8

It looks great !
    From
    Texas
    Jun 28, 2010, 6:07 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #9

Thanks
    From
    Texas
    Jun 28, 2010, 6:08 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #10

BTW, does anyone know how to attach the top plate to the hand, I had trouble with my previous on I made.
  11. VersionUp is offline VersionUp
    Jun 28, 2010, 9:34 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #11

IronWarrior777 said: View Post
    BTW, does anyone know how to attach the top plate to the hand, I had trouble with my previous on I made.
    I'm using magnets for that.
    From
    EIRE
    Jul 7, 2010, 8:42 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #12

i attached the plate to the wrist section with a simple brass hinge, check out the pic
    URL=http://img215.imageshack.us/i/rszdsc00486.jpg/][/URL]

edit: just realised thats a terrible quality pic but you can make out the hinge painted red at the bottom of the plate
    From
    Wigan, UK
    Jul 13, 2010, 11:30 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #13

sweet pep dude, could you pm me the files?
  14. Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Jul 14, 2010, 9:14 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #14

paulcunny said: View Post
    sweet pep dude, could you pm me the files?

Check this thread for all the pep files...

http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-...st-page-88147/
    From
    NYC
    Oct 4, 2010, 8:09 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #15

JERRY said: View Post
    i attached the plate to the wrist section with a simple brass hinge, check out the pic
    URL=http://img215.imageshack.us/i/rszdsc00486.jpg/][/URL]

edit: just realised thats a terrible quality pic but you can make out the hinge painted red at the bottom of the plate

that looks awesome.... do you guys have to study workshop or something to be good at doing this?
    Oct 5, 2010, 11:50 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #16

how did u connect the gauntlet with the elbow and the bicep so that it would be as one piece and still movable?

And how on earth did u make it soo smooth?

also i see that the bicep that you are using is from Mark VI, however the gauntlet is from mark III
    Oct 5, 2010, 11:51 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #17

jazz2slick said: View Post

that looks awesome.... do you guys have to study workshop or something to be good at doing this?
    from personal experince: not really.

just watch a few tutorials, ask a few people some questions and practise. thats how g to know peping, fiberglassing and body filling
    From
    NYC
    Oct 5, 2010, 8:29 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #18

pr3dato8 said: View Post
    from personal experince: not really.

just watch a few tutorials, ask a few people some questions and practise. thats how g to know peping, fiberglassing and body filling

I guess I got alot of things to learn..... I'm just starting. Seeing all this marvelous creations of everybody kinda inspired me to join
    Oct 6, 2010, 4:21 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #19

I guess I got alot of things to learn..... I'm just starting. Seeing all this marvelous creations of everybody kinda inspired me to join
    you really should! i myself started 2 years ago but it will only to take you a month of practise and learning to fully understand varios ways of doing this

This hobby wastes some money and quite a lot of time but it is fun and never ends!

I myself and starting to make a full Iron Man Mark VI suit. Hopefully will finiush gluing everything by the mid-December
    From
    NYC
    Oct 6, 2010, 8:12 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #20

pr3dato8 said: View Post
    you really should! i myself started 2 years ago but it will only to take you a month of practise and learning to fully understand varios ways of doing this

This hobby wastes some money and quite a lot of time but it is fun and never ends!

I myself and starting to make a full Iron Man Mark VI suit. Hopefully will finiush gluing everything by the mid-December

Okay got my Card Stock today bought it for the first time I guess this is my first step into Pepakura. I got 500 pcs 110 lbs hope that is correct. weekend gonna start printing and cutting and folding so excited
    Oct 7, 2010, 5:32 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #21

Okay got my Card Stock today bought it for the first time I guess this is my first step into Pepakura. I got 500 pcs 110 lbs hope that is correct. weekend gonna start printing and cutting and folding so excited
    sweet! good luck! although my advice to you is to make some practise models. at least one. Because when I started I jumped staright into making an iron man helmet. How did it turn out? like a football with holes for eyes
    From
    NYC
    Oct 7, 2010, 5:39 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #22

what do you mean start with practice models? by the way what scale size did you use for the helmet?
    From
    Netherlands
    Oct 7, 2010, 8:00 AM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #23

I think he means that the Helm is a complicated part to start with if you don't have much experience. Even when I had decent experience with Pepakura I still made 3 before I was statisfied with the result..

The boots are fairly easy to make, If you are making Robo's like I am, I suggest starting with one of them
    Oct 7, 2010, 1:27 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #24

^ i meant exactly that. a helmet seems nice and easy but it has a lot of crafty details which are easy to screw up and it will be a big disappointment since you would have spent a lot of time on cutting out all pieces.

@ Leander:

nice. I am also using robo's model, hoping to put together a whole suit i ave a concern about boots. They are made so that at the bottom they have free (air) space inside them, how do you fiberglass them if you cant get inside them?

Or did you cut off the bottom bit (the wave-like shape at the bottom) which allowed you to harden the boots from the inside and be able to put them over any shoes?
  25. Formerly jwstroud84 Pandemic's Avatar
    From
    Wichita, ks
    Oct 7, 2010, 2:40 PM - Re: Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura #25

on the boots im using the pep files to make mold then ill use a strong plastic or rubber to fill the area after i mold it