Iron Man 3 Poster Error -- Help?!

TKSteve

Heya, folks. Is there anyone out there with any privileged Iron Man 3 info? I'm speaking specifically of the mistake in both Iron Man 3 posters. In the one with Tony kneeling, his "skeleton" arm is on his right. In the "holding Pepper" pose, it's swapped.

Anybody know which is in the movie (or if it's in at all)?

I saw that too. Designer allowed to get away with that 'artistic license'? Wow. Photoshopping in actual movie posters... Kid tested, studio approved I guess.

These

ironman3-poster-watermark-jpg_162144.jpg

iron-man-3-tony-stark-and-pepper-potts-poster.jpg

other posters are also reversed, notice the damage around the arc reactor

adelanto.jpg

new-iron-man-3-poster-arguably-looks-even-better-upside-nmoo.jpg

The battle damage on the poster without Pepper best matches the battle damage in the trailer so I'm going with that one. Even though it shows Tony's house exploding in the background which he was inside of in the trailer.

IRON-MAN-3_510x317.jpg

Last edited:
The thing about posters are they aren't exactly Canon, their promotional, their meant to look cool. The artist that did the poster with Pepper wasn't really considering "Well maybe a fan wants to make a costume of this exact scene and needs to know which arm is damaged" He's just thinking of what looks good, and if that means flipping the entire image then that's what happens. Someone else is making a Futurama Slurm Butterfly Derby costume with the same problem, the writing on the outfit is flipped from one scene to another, it's just a composition decision.

I agree with skint though. If you want to recreate both of those first two posters just fix it in post :p

I'm confused to why people are criticizing the photoshopping? The posters look great! I'm sure this sequence isn't even in the movie.

SPOILER

DUDE! They have spoiler tags here just to prevent accidental reading. Posting things in plain text a line below the word spoiler doesn't really give the brain enough time to NOT read that.

See...

MUCH BETTER

-Nick

well he asked for insider information, and i posted from my phone. Just trying to be helpful. This thread was bound to be filled with spoilers since thats exactly what he asked for.........

if you didnt want to see spoilers maybe dont come to a thread asking for them?

respectfully,
Ender

well he asked for insider information, and i posted from my phone. Just trying to be helpful. This thread was bound to be filled with spoilers since thats exactly what he asked for.........

if you didnt want to see spoilers maybe dont come to a thread asking for them?

respectfully,
Ender

It's not a spoiler to me, but for others it may be.

And your spoiler didn't do anything to clarify the initial question about which battle damage scenario is correct. It would be like me talking about Darth Vader being Luke's father if someone asked about the C-Scar on his helmet, it seems to be a spoiler for spoilers' sakes.

Just go back and edit in the spoiler tags to help save members from accidentally seeing things they don't want to since strictly speaking, this isn't a spoiler thread.

-Nick

DUDE! They have spoiler tags here just to prevent accidental reading. Posting things in plain text a line below the word spoiler doesn't really give the brain enough time to NOT read that.

See...

MUCH BETTER

-Nick

How do you do the spoiler tag? Is there a button somewhere or do you just have to remember how to type it out?

How do you do the spoiler tag? Is there a button somewhere or do you just have to remember how to type it out?

I'm not sure if there's a button, but just making BBcode tags with the word "spoiler" in them should work. Like this...

Screenshot2013-03-20at11810PM_zpsbb6b3eb8.png

Results in...

Spoiler Text Goes Here!

-Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back