Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 19, 2011, 6:18 AM - inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #1

Is anyone planning or already has made a replica of the outfit of Cole McGrath from inFAMOUS 2?

I am specifically talking about his jeans, yellow/black t-shirt and his Amp (melee weapon).

I already have the sling bag but I was looking around if anyone made those or knows where maybe I could buy those

Here are a few reference pics:

Cosplay.com - Cole MacGrath - Grey Prophet

^ Thats actually exactly the kind of Jeans and T-shirt I am looking for. His bag replica is not accurate and I have better and I dont exactly like his Amp

Here is a more accurate picture of the Amp:

From
    Texas
    Jun 19, 2011, 4:50 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #2

I am planning on creating the amp, and I am trying to find a bag similiar to go with it.
  3. RPF Premium Member King Ranger's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jun 19, 2011, 5:51 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #3

You could always try to get the hero edition of inFamous 2 that comes with the backpack, IronWarrior777.
    Jun 20, 2011, 1:20 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #4

IronWarrior777 said: View Post
    I am planning on creating the amp, and I am trying to find a bag similiar to go with it.
    Cool! looking forward to seeing it

And yeah I got my slingbag from the Hero edition. Its actually good quality and quite accurate
    Jun 22, 2011, 2:41 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #5

bump
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Jun 22, 2011, 6:46 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #6

I am working right now in making the Feared & Loved posters from the first game.
    From
    United Kingdom
    Jun 22, 2011, 6:57 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #7

Personally I'd be way more interested in a replica of his jacket from the first game. That was such a cool jacket!
    From
    Canada
    Jun 22, 2011, 7:16 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #8

If you haven't bought it already, the Special edition of Infamous 2 includes a replica of the shoulder bag.
    Jun 23, 2011, 11:37 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #9

^ yeah i got that And I am sure I can find some sort of replacement for the AMP if no alternative arises but I really need to find those jeans and t-shirt
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 23, 2011, 1:17 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #10

Ryu Kumon please make Amp replica. I was searching for it since the game was released.
    Jun 23, 2011, 2:40 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #11

anyone? anyone at all? I tried to find the t-shirt...found nothin' Tried making one via online t-shirt design...lets just say that didnt work out too well

and same goes for the jeans

and got no hope of finding the amp. i heard IGN is having a competition in USA where you can win a replica amp but I am uk so got no chance at all
  12. RPF Premium Member King Ranger's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jun 23, 2011, 3:48 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #12

Don't forget to find some tabi sneakers as well.
    Jun 23, 2011, 4:40 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #13

Ryu Kumon said: View Post
    Don't forget to find some tabi sneakers as well.
    true true, altho they are really just flip flops i mean what kind of shoes have a flip flop cut in the middle of the front? u cant even wear socks in those

*10 seconds later*

holly crap! i just looked up "tabi sneakers" and there are actual shoes like that! loool i never knew that :P i always assumed they made up in the game that type of shoes. oh god i want to facepalm my face over and over again
  14. RPF Premium Member King Ranger's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jun 23, 2011, 6:22 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #14

pr3dato8 said: View Post
    true true, altho they are really just flip flops i mean what kind of shoes have a flip flop cut in the middle of the front? u cant even wear socks in those

*10 seconds later*

holly crap! i just looked up "tabi sneakers" and there are actual shoes like that! loool i never knew that :P i always assumed they made up in the game that type of shoes. oh god i want to facepalm my face over and over again
    I know, man. I know.
    Jun 24, 2011, 10:20 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #15

bump. so anyone actually working themselves on this?

i guess as mentioned above this could be done with ppes and stuff but i m no pro at that stuff so if anyone could analyse the AMP and say out of what kind of bits and bobs its made that would be really cool
    Jun 25, 2011, 4:26 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #16

Ok I have been searching a LONG while to try and find the right pipe fitting parts in order to build the amp but I cant find a crucial part (mostly because I dont know its name or whether it exists at all).

Here is the picture of the Part I am looking for:

Does anyone have any ideas on what's the name of that sort of fitting/connector?

In the picture I showed which ends of the pipe I definately need to be open, but I am not so sure for the other 3 endings. I guess they can also be open and then I will just find a way to close them

SO please if you are any good at this pipe stuff plz post below the name of that sorta fitting/connector or anything very similar
    Jun 25, 2011, 5:09 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #17

Try one of these in black & white, and overdye the yellow:
    Fruit of the Loom Short Sleeve Baseball T-shirt - Short Sleeve Baseball T-Shirt
    Jun 25, 2011, 10:15 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #18

medleyr said: View Post
    Try one of these in black & white, and overdye the yellow:
    Fruit of the Loom Short Sleeve Baseball T-shirt - Short Sleeve Baseball T-Shirt
    ooooh, looks nice tnx for that!

actually helped more than that now i know the name for that sort of type of t-shirt so it will be even easier to find one with just the right colours tnx!

ok so thats t-shirt done. still looking around for the shoes, the amp and the jeans
  19. Member Since
    Jan 2002
    Jun 26, 2011, 12:09 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #19

Hey all,

I manage the Multimedia and Fabrication Service Groups for Playstation. One of our gigs is to make tradeshow displays and costumes and I'm in the process of making the Cole and Zeke costumes now. My team also made the amp prop that IGN is giving away. Here's a pic:

The Cosplay costume is cool, but it has some inaccuracies. The shirt has the incorrect pattern in the back and the black part of the collar should be thicker. He should have used bootcut jeans instead of straightleg so that he wouldn't get that taper near the ankle. I can't tell by the pics, but I'm assuming he didn't add the seams and zipper pockets at the calf and thigh. The shoes are completely off.

Using the reference material we received from the game's developer, Sucker Punch, I am having a Hollywood seamstress custom make the shirt. The pants I am using are from Old Navy (I believe they are on closeout). The shoes are Nike Air Rifts. As they don't really sell them in the States anymore, I had to get them from China. My seamstress is having one of her vendors, who do custom shoes for the movies, alter them. They are adding black leather over the top to cover the Nike symbol and the "mary jane"- like holes that they have over the instep. They are also adding the gray leather part with the white "U" stitching and the white rubber around the toe area (like old school Van's). As the sole on the purchased shoe is black, I'll airbrush the gray on the back parts of the soles.

I like the bag that comes with the Hero Edition, but it does have that "mass-produced" look to it. We might make it out of a thin leather, stitch the Sly Cooper symbol in instead of having it as a patch, add some more detailing around the straps, etc.

For Zeke, almost everything is "off the shelf"...black Converse hi-tops, dark green denim shorts, black fingerless gloves, black Elvis glasses, Triple K gunbelt with cartridge loops, rattlesnake buckle that I found online. For the shoulder holster, I bastardized a Galco and added the second double mag pouch (although why he has mag pouches when he carries a revolver I'll never know). I also purchased a Viper blank firing Magnum with 6" barrel. For his shirts, we got the art from the developer, so we're silk-screening the "Lucky Flaming Dice" art onto a light gray Thermal and dyeing the collar black. After looking everywhere for a dark green and beige bowling shirt (lime green, no problem. Olive green, problem), I am having my seamstress make one and we'll add the art to the back, sleeve, and she'll stitch the name "Zeke" above the pocket.

I'll post pics here once I'm done.

Thanks,

G
    Last edited by garybarth; Jun 26, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Jun 26, 2011, 12:36 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #20

^ omg! thats amazing! thanks so much for posting this information!
  21. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Scotland
    Jun 26, 2011, 2:49 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #21

The front of his shoes looks exactly like a pair of Nike Air Rift, they have a split toe like a ninja shoe, even the whie rubber shape round the front is uncannily similar. From the side they look different however one particular aspect of the Air Rift is that outer body is lycra and would be incredibly easy to stitch onto in order to make alterations. nike reissued these shoes last year and i found lots on sale on the bargain shelf at Office here in the uk.................and best of all they're super light and incredibly comfortable as they were originally designed for the nigerian olympic running team to mimic the feeling of running in bare feet as they prefered..
  22. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 29, 2011, 2:22 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #22

hell i'm jus tryin to mak an amp... ive got the basic shape but i neet to know what to se for the rings around the prongs... my prongs are made of 3/4 in. pvc pipe so i need to kn ow that fits. can anyone help?
  23. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    From
    GA
    Jun 29, 2011, 8:45 AM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #23

garybarth said: View Post
    Hey all,

*snip*
    And thank you VERY VERY much for the amp image!, as well as the invaluable information and costuming notes!
    From
    Texas
    Jul 24, 2011, 5:41 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #24

prostheticsoul said: View Post
    I am working right now in making the Feared & Loved posters from the first game.

How is the status of that coming along? I would like to see how you do.
    From
    Ocala, FL
    Aug 29, 2011, 10:40 PM - Re: inFAMOUS 2 Costume Replica Anyone? #25

pr3dato8 said: View Post
    Ok I have been searching a LONG while to try and find the right pipe fitting parts in order to build the amp but I cant find a crucial part (mostly because I dont know its name or whether it exists at all).

Here is the picture of the Part I am looking for:

Does anyone have any ideas on what's the name of that sort of fitting/connector?

In the picture I showed which ends of the pipe I definately need to be open, but I am not so sure for the other 3 endings. I guess they can also be open and then I will just find a way to close them

SO please if you are any good at this pipe stuff plz post below the name of that sorta fitting/connector or anything very similar
    I'm also thinking of building an amp. Most of the pieces are pretty standard expect for that "Y" connection and the bushings on the ends.

Bushings are typical of high voltage electrical systems and I plan on finding a supplier and trying to get some very similar in style. That "Y" piece is a nightmare though.

It is not a plumbing or conduit type fitting because it has no efficient flow design. From pictures it looks like a type of pipe clamp, but finding a clamp for 3 pipes is proving very difficult. Closest thing I can find is a "triple clamp" for motorcycles (the part that connects the handbars, struts and steering pivot together) but the center pipe is always offset.

I will keep searching and hope to find something. Last resort is I can just make a fitting out clay but would rather find something close