I AM IRON BOY - My Iron Man build for my 5yo (pic heavy)

Immigman

Here is the first Halloween test fitting for Iron Man armor. The only thing missing are the shoulder bells, which are finished but are currently drying. The helmet is a foam core, with resin and Bondo on the outside.

Picture-019.jpg

Picture-005.jpg

Picture-008.jpg

Picture-012.jpg

Picture-016.jpg

Picture-017.jpg

Picture-018.jpg

BTtD1PYRa-nlm2sr7LZw_Wjm9tVssmLc1n3aJyoGwOo

Last edited:
That is so AWESOME!!!!
I need to do some "honey I blew up the kid" so my boy is big enough for the warmachine suit I wanna make him.

Great work man,
Tom.

absolutely brilliant! I'll bet you're the best daddy in the world now :D

How long did it take to put together?

You make me feel like such an inadequate father. This is awesome and something you guys will always have together. The suit looks great!

absolutely brilliant! I'll bet you're the best daddy in the world now :D

How long did it take to put together?

It didn't take too long. The whole suit was completed in about 3 months. That's with me only working nights & weekends. Much easier to construct that papercraft, nevertheless, I like the finish of paper/pepakura resin armor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OMG, that's awesome and cute as Hell, is he going to use that for Halloween as well? If so give him the Tony Stark goatee as well...lol, all he needs, be really cute if he had his friends as counterparts to form the Avengers......Avengers: Worlds tiniest Heroes....lol

I wish I had this outfit for Halloween when I was 5 year old!

All I got was a black bin bag with a hole in the top for my head. Then a cheap zombie mask hahaa

Great work tho mate

That is damn cool. Could I suggest picking up some face painting make-up and giving him a goatee? ;)

OMG, he had his friends as counterparts to form the Avengers......Avengers: Worlds tiniest Heroes....lol

We are doing an Avengers Halloween family theme this year. I'm going as the comic book version of Nick Fury, my wife will be Black Widow, my oldest will be the TFA version of Captain America, and my middle one will go as Spiderman. I know, Spiderman had a brief stint in the Avengers, but he's really excited about it. My youngest, as you can see will be Iron Man.

I'm almost done putting the eyes on Spiderman & have a few alterations left on the Captain. Pics will be forthcoming.

We are doing an Avengers Halloween family theme this year. I'm going as the comic book version of Nick Fury, my wife will be Black Widow, my oldest will be the TFA version of Captain America, and my middle one will go as Spiderman. I know, Spiderman had a brief stint in the Avengers, but he's really excited about it. My youngest, as you can see will be Iron Man.

I'm almost done putting the eyes on Spiderman & have a few alterations left on the Captain. Pics will be forthcoming.

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see your pics.

thats too awesome...i hope to build one for my son soon, but hes only 2, so maybe another yr or so. maybe by then you'll be looking to sell??!! lol...

thats too awesome...i hope to build one for my son soon, but hes only 2, so maybe another yr or so. maybe by then you'll be looking to sell??!! lol...

LOL, Each year I keep telling myself I'll recoup the expenses of making these by selling them on eBay. Each year I just can't do it. Here are the costumes I've built over the years.

View attachment 117648

View attachment 117650

View attachment 117651

Every single one of these costumes sit in my basement collecting dust. I just can't seem to be able to part with them.

You're easily the coolest dad in the world. These costumes and memories are things that will stick with your kids for the rest of their lives.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back