Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Apr 13, 2012, 2:29 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #76

Thanks Iycis, yeah, I would be interested to know when/if you find it

Also, I was thinking of a different suit that was black. I think the above suit actually is purple. The one I was thinking of, he wore with a blue shirt and black waistcoat. So...my costume is kind of a hybrid, general Haymitch style outfit
    Last edited by Zeppo; Apr 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM.
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Apr 13, 2012, 10:23 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #77

Zeppo said: View Post
    3 of my friends debuted their various Katniss costumes at Emerald City Comic Con recently, and they will be wearing them again at Vancouver Fan Expo weekend after next (where I will be joining them as Haymitch).

It's funny, Cons fret about toy guns and then let real bows and arrows in.

I suppose the aluminum bow is painted composite?
    From
    Virginia
    Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #78

Can I get your opinion on the arena jacket. I have read the reviews on amazon, but I would like your opinion. I would like to order one for my wife.

Cheers,

Sebastian
    From
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Apr 14, 2012, 3:47 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #79

The bows were real, but the arrow weren't. The tips on both were fake - the silver one being foam, and the brown was made from paper actually. Also, any attempt to shoot the silver arrow would have been comically useless. The fletching is solid, and the arrow is back heavy, so it really wouldn't go anywhere. The back end would weigh it down, and the fletching would deflect it off the left. And yes, the aluminum bow is painted.

The Jacket looks spot on. The material is very light as well. I don't know how well it would stand up to prolonged and repeated use, but it seems sturdy enough, and my friend is quite happy with it, and I'd say it's definitely worth the money.
    Apr 16, 2012, 4:15 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #80

Nice. There's actually a Facebook page for Katniss costumers called Girl On Fire.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/204044403031343/

You should post that pic!
    Jul 4, 2012, 4:30 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #81

Hey guys, i was wndering if anybody would be interested in a Girl on Fire black suit? I found an awesome black snakeskin pleather which would be kickass for this one :3
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    Jul 4, 2012, 3:50 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #82

I am working on a Caesar Flickerman costume for Dragon*Con. Going for his blue suit because how am I supposed to resist such fabulousness? I will also be making some costume pieces for a friend to be Senica Crane.
    I am trying to do it as inexpensively as possible, so I am altering a thrift store suit by adding satin lapels and a stripe down the trousers. It'll be extra work, but I am willing to spend more time than money at this point.
    Jul 13, 2012, 2:00 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #83

Has anyone made the flame pieces for Peeta's interview suit sleeves and pants? I was wondering what would would be the best fabric to use, or if anyone's commissioning them.
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Aug 16, 2012, 1:52 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #84

Has anyone come across a decent pattern for the Effie light purple (train) dress?
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 8, 2012, 6:03 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #85

Does anyone have ideas how I could make the shoulders of this costume? http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...itol_freak.jpg
    Sep 11, 2012, 1:27 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #86

Just a heads up about the effie fabric post...I tried ordering it from Good Orient (back when it was still available). Put through the order and everything, sending them over $100 and got an email back saying they were out of it and it was an absolute nightmare trying to get my money back to try to get fabric somewhere else. I never got the money back...I ended up purchasing white linen for a different (non-hunger games) costume because I was just so beyond frustrated. Don't know if anyone else tried to get that amazingly perfect effie fabric from them and succeeded...but I'm NEVER using Good Orient again. So if it's ever put back up: Buyer beware.
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Oct 17, 2012, 5:56 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #87

Put this together for my 11 year old daughter

-Cgraham
    Last edited by cgraham; Oct 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM.
    From
    Washington State..
    Oct 25, 2012, 2:51 PM - #88

the hunger games costumes at the seattle comic con were great!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351194659.504666.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	121893
    From
    Nashville
    Feb 11, 2013, 1:38 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #89

This is kind of a longshot, but has anyone found the light pink brocade for Effie recently? Or maybe a good alternative?
    Feb 16, 2013, 4:52 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #90

Has anyone been able to alter the NECA training shirts to have a different number on them other than "12"?
    From
    Birmingham, UK.
    Apr 3, 2013, 10:43 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #91

Found out that the original mockingjay pins were by Dana Schneider.

Interview with Dana Schneider, Designer of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pin Lark Crafts Lark Crafts

She has an etsy shop and will make custom pieces - not sure about reproducing the mockingjay but it's worth an ask.

Can anyone identify the trident and bow from the first shots of catching fire?

From
    Southwest, NM
    Apr 3, 2013, 11:05 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #92

shanegrohl said: View Post
    Found out that the original mockingjay pins were by Dana Schneider.

Interview with Dana Schneider, Designer of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pin Lark Crafts Lark Crafts

She has an etsy shop and will make custom pieces - not sure about reproducing the mockingjay but it's worth an ask.

Can anyone identify the trident and bow from the first shots of catching fire?

Can't help with the trident, but the bow looks to be a Hoyt Buffalo-Blackout with a paint job.
    From
    East Texas
    Apr 4, 2013, 5:32 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #93

Zeppo said: View Post
    3 of my friends debuted their various Katniss costumes at Emerald City Comic Con recently, and they will be wearing them again at Vancouver Fan Expo weekend after next (where I will be joining them as Haymitch).

The Arena costume was painstakingly sourced about a month before the film came out. The jacket is the Neca repro.
    Where did you get the Neca repro jacket? My girlfriend has been looking for one for a while.
    From
    Poway, CA
    Apr 5, 2013, 12:12 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #94

Knight Falcon said: View Post
    Where did you get the Neca repro jacket? My girlfriend has been looking for one for a while.
    Think Geek has it right now for $60: ThinkGeek :: The Hunger Games Prop Replica of Katniss' Arena Jacket

From the description it has an inner and outer shell, which seems like a good value. I keep putting it in my cart..
    From
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Jan 5, 2014, 9:47 AM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #95

EHyde said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	effie.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	270840
    And on the second one, any thoughts on what fabric that is?
    I'm getting very desperate now looking for this fabric... All the pleats I found don't have the right pattern, and having a fabric custom-pleated would be very expensive. I don't want to go too far from the original, because the main thing I loved about this costume was the fabric - the silhouette is not that spectacular. Has anyone found a similar fabric at all?
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Mar 8, 2014, 3:42 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #96

Has anyone found or designed a good/reals to arena suit from catching fire
  22. RPF Premium Member EmmaInCandyland's Avatar
    From
    France & Scotland
    Mar 8, 2014, 3:54 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #97

Hungergamesguy said: View Post
    Has anyone found or designed a good/reals to arena suit from catching fire
    They have one in their shop > Arena Outfit - Hunger Games Store
  23. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Mar 8, 2014, 4:00 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #98

EmmaInCandyland said: View Post
    They have one in their shop > Arena Outfit - Hunger Games Store
    Sorry I should have been more specific..... My bad I was looking for a more realistic one that more true to the movie
  24. RPF Premium Member EmmaInCandyland's Avatar
    From
    France & Scotland
    Mar 8, 2014, 4:20 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #99

Hungergamesguy said: View Post
    Sorry I should have been more specific..... My bad I was looking for a more realistic one that more true to the movie
    Haa that's alright, I actually didn't read properly :P! That would be cool to see pictures of the screen used one x)
  25. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Mar 8, 2014, 4:23 PM - Re: The Hunger Games costumes #100

EmmaInCandyland said: View Post
    Haa that's alright, I actually didn't read properly :P! That would be cool to see pictures of the screen used one x)
    I've been trying to find one since the I saw the film but it's near impossible the design looks like a simple spandex body suit with metallic detailing but it seem no one can do it