Subscribe
  1. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 8, 2011, 5:22 PM - House M.D come on get happy costume... #1

    I was curious if anyone had any good screen shots of this episode of house...I love the costume, it reminds a bit of both the rocky horror picture show as well as a clockwork orange...
    YouTube - House MD - Forget your troubles come on get happy
  2. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 9, 2011, 12:41 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #2

    Does this look close to anybody? It looks very similar to me...
    Sterling Silver Filigree Finger Armor Ring, 2 1/4" (56mm) wide, at IMshopping

    best you can see it is at the 10 second mark....
  3. robo3687's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    446
    Mar 9, 2011, 12:50 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #3

    you're on the right track but i don't think its exactly right....

    also are they skull cufflinks?...at first i thought it was a little penguin...but i'm pretty sure its a skull
  4. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 9, 2011, 12:54 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #4

    I don't either but I just started looking...I was also wondering...I realize the cane lighting effect was probably not a practical effect but some sort of post production one. I found a couple of acrylic canes that would work...I am just wondering if there would a way to make a light bright enough yet small enough to fit within the cane tip that would light up for a few seconds on impact...the length of the light possibly being determined by the force of the impact. I am by no means knowledgeable with electronics...
  5. robo3687's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    446
    Mar 9, 2011, 1:04 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #5

    neither am i, but it sounds possible....

    its quite similar to zeus's cane in the new tron, so if you have a look around I'm pretty sure there was a thread or 2 on that....
  6. RPF Premium Member Fetts.Sobriquet's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    611
    Mar 10, 2011, 8:54 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #6

    I thought about A Clockwork Orange too. Was that the inspiration for this? Does anyone know?

    I'm really looking forward to seeing someone take on this costume.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 1999
    From
    Marietta, GA
    Messages
    927
    Mar 10, 2011, 10:16 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #7

    The sequence reminded me of the death scene in "All that Jazz".

    Lynn
  8. Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2000
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Messages
    15,674
    Mar 10, 2011, 10:24 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #8

    I want to know if it was a different director than usual because that whole sequence was different than anything we have seen on House. It was shot different and just had a completely different feel.
  9. Panzer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    From
    FL
    Messages
    278
    Mar 10, 2011, 10:55 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #9

    robo3687 said: View Post
    neither am i, but it sounds possible....

    its quite similar to zeus's cane in the new tron, so if you have a look around I'm pretty sure there was a thread or 2 on that....
    I was thinking the same thing except at the bottom of House's cane it has an H.
  10. aelynn000's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Messages
    848
    Mar 10, 2011, 12:34 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #10

    On the House Facebook page they have a link to a contest on an iPhone app to win the acrylic ( or as they call it, 'crystal' ) cane from the sequence autographed by the cast. Just thought I'd mention.
  11. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Western PA
    Messages
    10,208
    Mar 10, 2011, 12:48 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #11

    I like this. Hugh Laurie's been a favorite of mine since Blackadder and A Bit of Fry and Laurie on PBS. I'm not sure if it's the costume that gives the Clockwork orange feel or the menace that House gives off.
  12. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 10, 2011, 12:52 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #12

    I think it is a bit of both. I just loved this whole sequence. I am trying to figure out a small impact switch that would fit inside the rubber tip of the cane...just not sure if digital would be feasible or if a physical switch would be easier...
  13. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 10, 2011, 1:12 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #13

    I am thinking a lot of the jewelry was custom... I am not finding any caduceus pins that even remotely match house's. I've found similar button covers that aren't exact...not to mention $65 a pair is a bit pricey. Do you think cold cast silver resin would be a workable solution?
  14. jts1031's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    Columbus, OH
    Messages
    505
    Mar 10, 2011, 3:18 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #14

    Art Andrews said: View Post
    I want to know if it was a different director than usual because that whole sequence was different than anything we have seen on House. It was shot different and just had a completely different feel.
    It was part of a dream sequence in the most recent episode. I think they were going for more of a bohemian feel, something along the lines of what Baz Luhrmann did with Moulin Rouge.
  15. robo3687's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    446
    Mar 10, 2011, 7:29 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #15

    Art Andrews said: View Post
    I want to know if it was a different director than usual because that whole sequence was different than anything we have seen on House. It was shot different and just had a completely different feel.
    pretty sure the whole sequence was directed and choreographed by Mia Michaels, the choreographer that's on So You Think You Can Dance

    EDIT: also I think provided some clear shots of the pieces, that shapeways could be a good avenue for getting them made, I'd be willing to make them....
    Last edited by robo3687; Mar 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM.
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Messages
    24
    Mar 10, 2011, 10:05 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #16

    Hazelrah said: View Post
    I don't either but I just started looking...I was also wondering...I realize the cane lighting effect was probably not a practical effect but some sort of post production one. I found a couple of acrylic canes that would work...I am just wondering if there would a way to make a light bright enough yet small enough to fit within the cane tip that would light up for a few seconds on impact...the length of the light possibly being determined by the force of the impact. I am by no means knowledgeable with electronics...
    Luxeon Led's like the ones used for saber props. Even a white LUX I would would, and are also cheap. with a direct drive unit, between the optic, the battery pack, and the luxeon star itself, your tip would be a minimum of 3-4 inches long. But, if you use CR123 batteries, or 4 AAA's you can squeeze them into an elegant silver canister that would function as a tip. Just a thought.
  17. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 11, 2011, 2:30 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #17

    I was just watching my 18 month old running around in her shoes that light up....and totally had a brain storm...what about using the light mechanism from them? it lights on impact, lasts about 2-3 seconds before slowly fading out...might need brighter white bulbs...but I think this may work....gonna look for the cane and another pair of clearance shoes today.
  18. Capn_Jack_Savvy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    Tortuga
    Messages
    2,607
    Mar 11, 2011, 3:31 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #18

    I was going to say more Young Frankenstein ala Puttin' On The Ritz!

    YouTube - puttin on the ritz
  19. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Messages
    27
    Mar 12, 2011, 5:47 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #19

    Hazelrah said: View Post
    I don't either but I just started looking...I was also wondering...I realize the cane lighting effect was probably not a practical effect but some sort of post production one. I found a couple of acrylic canes that would work...I am just wondering if there would a way to make a light bright enough yet small enough to fit within the cane tip that would light up for a few seconds on impact...the length of the light possibly being determined by the force of the impact. I am by no means knowledgeable with electronics...

    The technology behind light up drumsticks should help you out. They atleast used to sell them at Disneyland.

    Here's some screenshots I collected, if it helps at all.
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...g?t=1299926674

    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...g?t=1299926731

    The cufflinks are indeed skulls, as are the buttons on the white vest. You can see in the pic of the cufflink that the rings on his left hand are also both skulls.
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Messages
    2
    Mar 16, 2011, 9:20 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #20

    does anyone know where i can get the white leather gloves? I've looked on ebay but theyre all different compared to the ones house is wearing!
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Messages
    27
    Mar 16, 2011, 9:36 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #21

    alanio said: View Post
    does anyone know where i can get the white leather gloves? I've looked on ebay but theyre all different compared to the ones house is wearing!
    they don't look leather to me; they look like some sort of cloth with the fingers cut off.
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Messages
    2
    Mar 17, 2011, 12:48 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #22

    oh really? it had a worn look to it, i really liked it! any ideas as to the possible material?
  23. RPF Premium Member Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2003
    From
    Arizona
    Messages
    1,029
    Mar 17, 2011, 2:42 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #23

    Mia Michaels is complete genius! I wondered if there were any of the dancers from So You Think You Can Dance on there, but I couldn't identify any of them. Definitely felt very Clockwork Orange to me with Hugh- he just had a super creepy vibe on that number that really came through the screen, extremely well done. Will be cool to see someone do the costume.
  24. Hazelrah's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    williamston, michigan
    Messages
    278
    Mar 17, 2011, 4:58 PM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #24

    I was looking and I think the closest thing I could think of were clown/ mime gloves...

    Snap Clown Gloves Mime Gloves Novelty Gloves Nylon Cotton Buy Online

    They look like the fingers were cut off and the cuffs rolled up...
  25. Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Messages
    27
    Mar 18, 2011, 2:56 AM - Re: House M.D come on get happy costume... #25

    Hazelrah said: View Post
    I was looking and I think the closest thing I could think of were clown/ mime gloves...

    Snap Clown Gloves Mime Gloves Novelty Gloves Nylon Cotton Buy Online

    They look like the fingers were cut off and the cuffs rolled up...
    looks pretty close to me!

    I would also try contacting the wardrobe people for the show to see if they'll reveal anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Happy 35th Anniversary to Animal House
    Probe Droid, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2013, 12:48 AM
  2. Alien costume for haunted house 2010
    ghostbusterguy, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2010, 6:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2008, 5:57 AM