The Hobbit - Erebor Dwarf Armour - FINISHED

Re: The Hobbit - Erebor Dwarf Armour - Weapons - WIP

It would be very nice to work together with you guys...don't be jealous of each other!
Let's make a whole army of dwarfs!

Looks great, you've inspired me to work on my own suit of armor, I'm curious what are your plans for the skirt they wear?

Looks great, you've inspired me to work on my own suit of armor, I'm curious what are your plans for the skirt they wear?
Thanks! The skirt seems relatively simple, it just relies on other things being built first. I plan to make the belt out of a thick piece of strap similar to seatbelts, and add craft foam for the details, I'll then add buttons to the inside of it to snap the skirt pieces to it. I'm in the process of moving to Vancouver for work, so there will certainly been some more waiting before this gets back on it's feet, but I want to bring it with me and continue work, so hopefully that will happen.

Love it. Well done! What did you make it out of? I'm still stuck on the pauldrons. Can't get the shape right. Can you help? Do you have a template or any instructions on how to achieve this shape?

Love it. Well done! What did you make it out of? I'm still stuck on the pauldrons. Can't get the shape right. Can you help? Do you have a template or any instructions on how to achieve this shape?

Sorry to be short, but please read previous comments, I've answered all these questions already. Thanks for the compliments though.

Looks great! I saw you had the pep file. Very cool you are sharing. What program did you use for the modeling?

Thanks! I used 3DS Max since that's what I know.

Update on me: just landed in Vancouver today, I have plans to get my work shipped to me but I need to have an address first so that's next up on the list. I'll keep replying to comments though, just won't be updating for a bit.

Oops read later in the thread you used 3DS Max. Sorry I made you repeat it. Thanks for responding. I am learning to use Blender. Would you be willing to share your 3D model files or is that in bad taste to ask on the RPF?

I wouldn't mind sharing them since they are aren't finished by any stretch, but I'm no longer with my computer for a few weeks at least.

That would be great! Time is not a problem. I subscribed to this thread so I will know when you get around to it. :)
Does anyone know if 3DS Max files work in Blender? I know obj and dae files work.

Nice of you to give out the files gibbtall! And great work so far!

sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

Thx again Gibtall for showing us your development. I have finished the helmet
uploadfromtaptalk1399267444319.jpg

Amazing thread! I see you are in tronoto as well. I just moved here from the UK.

Anyway, incredible details! Mega impressed :) (total newbie at this lol). I'll be subscribing for sure!

Well done! :)

I just got back from the Denver Comic Con, where Weta was selling their new Chronicles book, inside were some lovely pictures of the armor.

IMG_0849.JPG

SDtvqVq8zOwONIOvMNk2Cy-Y_a6BAr_Kin9QaaDBlA=w1065-h799-no

Grim+Hammer+-+5

Grim+Hammer+-+4
Grim+Hammer+-+3
Grim+Hammer+-+2
Grim+Hammer+-+1

IMG_0853.JPG

There were also some of the Helmet itself, as well as their shields and a wide array of weapons, let me know if you'd like those and i'll see what i can do

Ohmygoodnessssss!!! That looks incredible. I love the 3D work you've done too. Wow, it's an inspiration to see fantastic armour coming out of multicoloured blocks of foam. Keep up the good work man! subscribed.

One more picture of the helmet from the last artbook:

K1600_helm.JPG

hope this helps someone.

Greetings, Gericke

Very awesome, thanks everyone for the extra images. I'm still alive and still thinking about this project. I think I stated before that I'm headed to PAX Prime at the end of August, since I live in Vancouver now it's not so much of a trek. I'm getting ready for Vancouver Pride at the beginning of August and then after that I plan to dive straight back in to my armour. I've got A LOT to do, but I THINK I can do it?? We'll see... at the very least if I stay on task I'll be on track to have the armour all done for The Battle Of Five Armies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back