Hi there! I'm new to the forum, but I've been lurking for quite a while looking at all the amazing stuff people here create.
I'm currently working on a Hellboy costume. My goal is to make it as screen accurate as possible. Originally I was going to use foam latex for the facial prosthetics, but eventually decided that a silicone mask would work much better.
I'm finished collecting parts to assemble it for the most part. Here's where I'm at so far:
The pants: I found a pair of leather pants that are extremely accurate to the film version:
Here's what I found for the jacket. Still have to weather it, shorten the right arm, and add the straps and buckles. The color is slightly lighter than I'd prefer, and I'm still contemplating ways to make it darker:
The shirt I'm using is an Underarmour shirt, which I will need to widen the collar slightly and add the red piping around it.
I originally contemplated getting the Sideshow Samaritan, but instead went with the resin one that is readily available online:
I'm currently working heavily on this. I've already cleaned it up, and filled holes with Milliput. Then it will get a final sanding and then it's off to primer and paint.
For the belt, I went with the Hollywood Collectibles holster. I will be weathering it and repainting the buckle. For the locator beacon, I went with the Spatcave resin one:
I will be wiring it with LED.
So that's where I'm at currently. I purchased 40 lbs of Chavant clay the other day, and hope to start on the mask portion of this adventure within the next week or so.