Heatadvisory's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

heatadvisory

I'm a new member here on the RPF site, and I guess you could say I'm an amature prop maker. I've learned a lot from this site!
Last year I decided to make a costume for my 4yr old niece! She's a Mandalorian bounty hunter named Fox, that's her last name! It took more work than I anticipated, I started by making the helmet from scratch. I used a hamster ball that I paper mached for the dome of the helmet and then I made the face of the helmet out of paper then paper mached that. Then i put plaster on the helmet and sanded to try to smooth the surface of the helmet. After all of that I used chrome spray paint to make the helmet look like metal, then I painted the fox face design on the helmet. My nieces last name is fox, so I tried to honor the family name! The rest of the costume was made of foam and fabric, The foam is the armor, I used Mod podge to seal the foam, I painted and then used painters tape and silver leaf rub N buff. I ripped the tape to make the paint look chipped with the metal underneath, and it worked well! Then I added some pink capes to add some flare, and I made a jetpack from soda bottles that i used chrome spray paint on. Enough of me Blabbering on, here are some pictures!!:D
10 31 13 010.JPG
10 31 13 009.JPG100_5049.JPG100_5056.JPG10 31 13 008.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back