Has MasterLe cheated you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr3dato8

2 years ago i contacted him and told him that i want 2 buy a war machine helmet (i said that the maximum i could spend is $330 and he said that thats exactly how much it costed)...so basically he said fine and told me the price is $330 + $50 for posting with a track number

he then asked me to send him money through paypal as a "gift" so that i wouldnt have to pay tax for money transfer. this was the 1st time i used paypal so i didnt know that when u send money as a "gift" u cant ask for a refund through paypal.

after a few weeks he said that he sent the helmet but for some reason it doesnt have a track number (he didnt even ask for my address, he said he knew it through my payal acount).

after a few weeks i sent him a pm asking where is the helmet but recieved no reply. i have since been sending him messages to all of his acounts (youtube, thrpf, hunter's lair ect) but never recieve any replies.

i contaced cardboard king and later he said that he phoned to masterle and he said that he indeed sent me the helmet to canada. BUT I LIVE IN UK!

cardboard king never replied to me again.

so masterle ignores me, i couldnt ask for a refund through paypal and masterle got away with my $380! mods didnt even care and said that it was my fault.

I never got my money back, what I hated the most is that everyone kept thinking that masterle is this great guy who makes awesome suits when he is actually a scammer.

---------------------------------------------------

he has also cheated this guy, check out his thread about this:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/well-i-got-my-masterle-helmets-96437/

--------------------------------------------------
So, if MasterLe cheated you or screwed anything up please post about it here. I want to collect ALL of the information about him so that if we decide to sue him we will have reasons and proof.

Regards,
pr3dato8

Did the funds you sent come from a bank account or did you pay with a credit card ? if you paid by card it's worth contacting your card company and do a chargeback through them.

im realy sorry to hear that bro , i would try contacting paypal (just give them a call and explain everything) im sure they wil help you , hope you get it fixed one way or another

Grtz

im realy sorry to hear that bro , i would try contacting paypal (just give them a call and explain everything) im sure they wil help you , hope you get it fixed one way or another

Grtz

Ahh..no, Paypal will NOT help with that. He sent it as a gift, as far as they are concerned it's a done deal.

Pr3dato8, I'm sorry your going through this. I'm glad you started this thread, and hopefully you as well as the others who have been screwed by him can get an amicable resolution even if that means suing him and garnishing whatever wages he makes:thumbsup

I feel for all of you who have been stung by this person and his associates. It really does put a wet rag on this hobby at time when people like this surface and are left to run riot.

I would still advise you all to contact paypal and explain to them the reason behind the 'gift' and how you were asked to make your payments this way, be truthful. If enough of you contact them I am sure they will have to investigate in some way to at least route out any possible fraud that might be occurring.

ugh sucks when this happens.

Don't want to chime in too much, but u keep saying sue him. Unfortunately, people say that but the reality is suing someone can cost u many times what u paid him for the helmets. And though it seems its easy to sue someone it is not. Keep a level head, go to paypal and explain and make sure everyone knows about htis.

im not defending this guy cus he sounds like a real ****, his **** is spread all over cosplay forums, buut you are required to register an adress with paypal, so its possible he did get ur addy of paypal...

Well from what ive seen from pictures and his videos seems like he attends most if not everything Con related.
Personally, Id attend and meet with the son of a *****!!!!! Then if he wants to work out a deal so be it, if not....
The punk would see a serious reality check!

Best of luck bud!!!! Hope it works out somehow.....

Thanks guys for your support. I doubt that I will get my money, at least not yet. paypal wont issue a refund because i sent the money as a gift so they wont care, plu sit was 2 years ago.

Only solution is sueing so I am trying to see how many people he screwed so maybe we could form an allience ;)

this guys got the same idea: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=217897&page=4

dude can i ask you something?...why did you trust him in the first place?...i was also want to buy one of his helmets but luckily someone tipped me about his on doing...

and even his simple servo-operated face plate for IM and WM helmets he won't share...what an ignorant person....

thanks to that guy (that i dont remember his name) i never get scammed by le and his other disciples...

The above reason is why I always tell a potential buyer "Let me send you a PayPal invoice so that both Buyer and Seller are protected." If the don't want that I suck it up and say NO SALE! Even if I buy something and someone has a PayPal account I always ask for an invoice. Good protection plus you have a case against the Seller if they deliver a bad product.

I know it is water under the bridge but good practice for future investments in big ticket items.

The only recourse now is to ACT on what you are saying and move to Small Claims Court. Since operations are out of Colorado you would have to file in that state.

Sucks that you got ripped off, man. Especially since it happened in a way that left you with little recourse... :(

By the way, if he said that he had your address through PayPal, he was lying. The OTHER thing about PayPal 'Gift' payments, besides not paying fees and not being eligible for any kind of protection, is that the person you send money to DOES NOT GET YOUR ADDRESS like they would with any other kind of PayPal transaction.

So unless you had previously made some other PP transaction with him, he did NOT get your address through PayPal.

Just so you know.

I'm still surprised the ban hammer hasn't been brought down on Le. I understand have there reasons and trust them but won't be surprised if it happens soon.

I'm still surprised the ban hammer hasn't been brought down on Le. I understand have there reasons and trust them but won't be surprised if it happens soon.
The mods take banning seriously here, and it takes some time to establish everything. Have a bit of patience. Nothing Le or Nate(If that isn't a Le sock puppet...they both BUTCHER the English language.) has done has gone unnoticed by the staff.

pretty sure hes also entered the SDCC masquerade, when hes plainly entered other contests and masquerades, which is against the rules for SDCC.

shame on this guy.

^ Yeah! masterLe is everywhere! to the world HE is the good guy :angry I just hope that some action will be taken soon against him because while we wait that sod is earning money by framing honest people like us!

just an FYI, there's been a precedence for this kind of thing.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/what-does-b...-owe-you-1360/

In a nutshell, people whined and moaned, called the local police, called the FBI. Police came to his door, he talked to a judge who let him work out a payment plan. A handful of payments were made, then nothing... Just a slap on the wrist incidentally. Now the man screwed people out of a lot of money, cops could care less, and he's a published author. *sigh* it's all cyclical you know.

so don't get too hung up on the promise of a *gasp* lawsuit!
as much as I hear and read about all these empty threats and ideas, they tend to be just that, empty. I wish you guys good luck with your venture though, I really do!

He went to a local convention here in Denver a few weekends ago that is anime related and kept trying to enter his costume in the costume contest. Every time he would get denied, he'd go change into a different suit and come back, hoping to not get noticed.

It seems like people are catching wise to his antics all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back