Now that most of my con season is done, I can focus on the Skirmisher.
I didn't want to sculpt this one out of clay, so I decided to model the head in 3ds Max and go the Pepakura route instead. After fully gluing everything, I realized that the muzzle was too long and went back and removed some of the paper before reattaching.
My game plan for this build: the head will be mainly slush-cast plastic with some latex sections for the exposed pink parts, as well as for the interior of the mouth. Most of the armor will be done out of foam (the floor mats) and I've found some plans for digi-grade stilts based on the Weta versions that I plan on building.