Halloween 2012. What is Everyone Working on?

Rennoc

Hey everyone!

I am brand new here but not exactly new to the costume and prop thing (no idea why it took me so long to get here). However If didn't see any other Halloween 2012 posts around so I figured given most of these projects take a lot of time lots of people have been working for a while now to get new ones completed. Feel free to definitely post WIP suits, armor, and other costumes here!

My plans are to finish my Scout Trooper from Star Wars and complete my brothers TDKR Bane costume. He's a bodybuilder so he fits the role better than I do. Hopefully I'll Have pictures of these WIP up in the near future. Until then, post away about future ideas!

I'd kind of like to do a Nova Prospekt gaurd from Halflife 2. Mostly because I also want to make a combine pulse rifle.

Sent from my Apple Newton

My friend's Halloween party theme is "oversized costumes" so people are doing things like coming as the Dr. Who box, etc. I'm debating doing a cardboard build of the S.N.A.K.E. armor from the old GI Joe toys.

I think i'm going to build an Iron Man costume for my office halloween costume contest. Not sure what i'll do for that evening with my friends.

Working on a few things. Not sure which one will be for halloween. More than likely the steam punk frankenstein.

Currently I'm about to start punching hair in this for a the albuquerque comic expo. I havent decided if i will hand punch all the hair or just the eyebrows and hairline and use a wig.
306227_432697650092805_262414730454432_1459393_270589645_n.jpg

As soon as I finish the terminator costume I'm goign to start building all the pieces for a steam punk Frankenstein. This is the starting point

DSCN0259%20%28512x800%29.jpg

edit: I also have a silicone freddy mask and am making a silicone freddy left hand.

Last edited:
Going to attempt to make CLU from Tron: Legacy--his trench coat/helmet from the Games. If I run into any snags that keep me from having it ready for Halloween, I'll be designing my own creepy doll costume. Goodness knows I have the wigs to pull it off.
[/wig fan]

I'm trying my hand at the most accurate 89' Joker costume possibly conceived! Well, to the best of my ability, anyway.

I've not got much lined up for Halloween but this is something I've wanted a long time, anyway. As of now, I'm currently trying to match the pants' colors (already have the pattern down) through Spoonflower but that's proving trickier than first imagined.

My friend's Halloween party theme is "oversized costumes" so people are doing things like coming as the Dr. Who box, etc. I'm debating doing a cardboard build of the S.N.A.K.E. armor from the old GI Joe toys.

That was one of my favorite accessories as a kid!! Do It!!

I think I'm going to have to call my Steampunk Satyr project my Halloween this year, as I'm not going to be complete in time for Phoenix Comic Con in 3 weeks (and I'm literally scheduled at work EVERY day of it).

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm working on Tribes:Ascend helmets (Blood Eagle and Diamond Sword) But i hope to make the Diamond Sword light suit. With the hype of The Avengers i kinda want to make myself an Ironman (woman) suit.Or at least the Arc that he has but the Avengers style.

( Link to progress thread in my signature.)

Welcome to our community; bunch o great people here; I'm working on my Iron Man MKVI and in foam; but I'm also making the war machine but that one using the fiberglass, bondo and all that good stuff, I'm taking all my time thou....

I'm trying my hand at the most accurate 89' Joker costume possibly conceived! Well, to the best of my ability, anyway.

I've not got much lined up for Halloween but this is something I've wanted a long time, anyway. As of now, I'm currently trying to match the pants' colors (already have the pattern down) through Spoonflower but that's proving trickier than first imagined.

I'm excited to see this 89' Joker. That will be absolutely awesome!
Keep me posted

Working on a few things. Not sure which one will be for halloween. More than likely the steam punk frankenstein.

Currently I'm about to start punching hair in this for a the albuquerque comic expo. I havent decided if i will hand punch all the hair or just the eyebrows and hairline and use a wig.
306227_432697650092805_262414730454432_1459393_270589645_n.jpg

As soon as I finish the terminator costume I'm goign to start building all the pieces for a steam punk Frankenstein. This is the starting point

DSCN0259%20%28512x800%29.jpg

edit: I also have a silicone freddy mask and am making a silicone freddy left hand.

Your Steam Punk Frankenstein's Monster is awesome.

Very Creative

For the first time in a great while I have no idea what I'm going to do for Halloween this year. I'm debating on whether to just go with something that I've worn previously or try to come up with something new. The only new costume idea that I have is some sort of Steampunk costume but at the same time I'd like something with a little more wow factor/recognizability for my work's Halloween costume contest.

I'm about to start a Mk6 Iron Man suit, its my 1st costume i'm ever making so it may not be ready for halloween:(

Hey

I'm also starting on an Iron Man suit.

It will be a Mark III however but this will be my first build of this kind. However, I have made a Sandtrooper costume so I'm not 100% new.

My girlfriend and I are doing Hawkeye and Black Widow from the film. Should be pretty awesome because I've been told many times (mostly after MI4 came out) that I look like Jeremy Renner, and she's been told she kind of looks like Scarlette Johansson so it should work out pretty well...

Plus I'm teaching her Krav Maga, so she'll be able to kick some tail too!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back