The Guyver *Completed*

Durkness

I am using JFcustom's templates that he posted for this build. You can find those here That should give it away that it will be a foam build. I found a helmet cast for sale and I'm using it because I really like the Guyver and wanted the helmet to be perfect.

I've only built two costumes so far so I am green at this. One was a Halo from card stock and the other 1/4" foam War Machine.

With the War Machine, I had a problem with the sharpie absorbing through into the paint even after several coats of glue. So I was trying to find pre-pained foam in hopes that I can just primer and go. I found a 6mm basketball court at Toys-R-Us and when that direction. $15 a roll....2 will get me through it.

This is how far I am now... I do go to college, full family, full-time job, so I am just trying to get this in any chance I get. He just posted the files on 11/22 so I think it's a good start. :thumbsup I love this forum......

Last edited:
Re: Guyver *WIP*

I was wondering which way you planned to make all the parts hold on an undersuit ? Velcro, glue, magnets, somehow else ? Will it be a zentai or some common clothes ? Will you bio-paint them with kind of strips to look like this ?
Guyver1.jpg

Wasn't it a IM mkIV previously drawn onto you basketball court ? :D

This is looking good!
If I were making this I would use a black zentai and put lines on it with some black puff paint.

JFcustom - Darn you are good... it's your IM chest and back I had on there and was going to start it. Then you posted about Guyver it was overridden. :)

But, I was going to try to make all the torso pieces attach to full sheet of foam and just go the poncho route with it. Then strap the thighs, shoulders, and bicep parts. I have earth magnets I'm going to use for the lower legs to keep the back of them together and just pad to fit.

I have to have another layer of foam under the chest at least because I would like to be able to open it up and have LED's for the chest cannon.

I was going to use the solder to put the lines into the foam... but after Alpha Proto's suggestion I forgot about the puff paint. I've been just using one black under suit for all of my costumes so I don't have to pack several sets... but that puff paint would look so good. So I might go velcro since I will have to at least connect the knee caps some how. But step one is makin this stuff pretty....lol. I am totally borrowing the ideas when I get there though!!!

Thanks!

Welcome to the club! Hope it turns out great guyver is a hard thing to do with foam. Alt of curves lol

Wow! this looks great, I myself love the Guyver biosuits as well and this build looks like its going great, can't wait to see more

Lookin forward too seeing how it will turn out. Might also try out after im done with IM and Batman.

My guyver 3 is pretty much done I'm just waiting on the morph suit if you have any questions just ask I might have some useful information for you, you can also look at my thread on here "guyver 3 project”

no need to attach to the under suit. you strap it on like any other armor.
if you want your guyver to look good. your going to have to get rid of those edges.

Awesome... thanks for the input. Right now I'm trying to get it cut out before I start detailing. Only thing I got done this weekend was the shoulders (spaceballs helmets). I need to know how to get the gaps sealed so you can't see the cut lines.

self-quoting :
To fill the remaining gaps, and unexpected valleys, and overall every 'factory-dammages', I don't think any sandable product can go well. Because foam is flexible, and something you can sand is not. As a result your join will keep on breaking at every bending. I've successfully tryed a simple and common alternative : the silicone bathroom mastic-glue-gun.
silicone-sealant-in-a-caulk-gun.jpg

It sticks, it fills, it's slick and smooth, and it can be shaped. The only thing is you must paint it or primer it with any spray you want before it's dry, or nothing will further hold on to this stuff.

Got one of the arms done tonight.... I have been just printing them off since they were scaled for 6' but I should have measured on this one. I might just trim the top and bottom to make it fit.

I also got my cast today.... n

Got one of the upper arms done tonight.... I have been just printing the templates off since they were scaled for 6'. I should have measured on this one. I might just trim the top and bottom to make it fit.

I also got the helmet today...

For when I do mine, I plan on trying to add in the under-layer's cord like part of the organism as a sewn in thick cord or rope, or glue it on and paint it...not sure which way I'd go, but I wouldn't necessarily do the entire suit, only the areas where it would show, and a few inches under, and use that area to try to attach the armor and the under-layer. Only problem is that I would need to do the under-layer first...that's going to suck...once I have the money that is...

Grave - I did not make it. That's why I put it in the first post. I told JF I would show my progress for his Guyver templates.

Thanks for posting your pic too. For your chest did you attach everything to a pre-made vest or sew one? With the zipper going right up the middle it makes it look easy to throw that on.

Daemon324 - I still like the puff paint idea. With all the Spiderman suits on here, you can really see how glossy the paint is when they detail it. The width and design would never be the same and you could just use whatever color you want so you wouldn't have to paint over it.

And all my stuff is bought by donating plasma...so I understand the money thing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back