Gordon Freeman Half Life 2 and Gravity Gun

Johnnymuffintop

So, first MAJOR build I'm doing. So far so good.
Modified some pep files for use in foam, so far it's working wonders.

Please forgive the poor quality/lighting from my webcam, uploaded this in a rush to my tumblr:
tumblr_ma854bDoaa1r5ay8ao1_500.jpg

Chest is assembled, as is both biceps, left forearm, and right shin. Still need to edit the thighs for foam, and then tool-dip and paint.

With Black Mesa soon to be released, I figured this is a FINE time to build something I've been wanting to make for a long while.

Also will be making a gravity gun using a foam edited pep model of a high quality in-game world model. Pictures of THAT are to come.

Always loved Half-Life! You're gonna need to cut your hair way shorter if you want to pull of the look though. =) Looking forward to seeing more of the build.

So, update time!
Just showing where I'm currently at.

The pictures! Again, forgive the crappy webcam images.

First up, the HEV suit.
tumblr_mabkm9NKB51r5ay8ao1_500.jpg

Far left is the right shin. Have the waist and right bicep finished as well, but figured I didn't need to show EVERYTHING off.

Next up is the Gravity Gun.
tumblr_mabkszrmYU1r5ay8ao1_500.jpg

I took a high quality in-game world model, modded it in Pepakura, and this is the result. MIGHT include a download for whoever wants the pattern once I work out the kinks.

Spent the day looking up what I can do to light the Gravity Gun, still figuring out which option I'll be taking. But since I'm on a budget, likely the least expensive.

OH! And unrelated to Half Life, but just something else I'm working on for funsies.
tumblr_mablb3aG5K1r5ay8ao1_500.jpg

The Iron Man 3 Mark 47 helmet. They were out of black tool-dip...
Might wear it with the HEV suit, just for a laugh.

I lived in this game for years, since the beginning!!
I'd love the files for the gravity gun. Looks great!

Maybe someday, Valve will finish the story. :\

ThreadRevive.jpg

Good evening my lovelies. Been a bit of a hermit on here due to trying to finish a Dredd costume for a friend. Now FINALLY getting back to the HEV suit.

Msleeper, I got the higher poly Grav Gun model from here: Gravity gun View model for World model
Comparison of the two,
Low Poly:
originalns.jpg
High Poly:
minecg.jpg
I'll soon be uploading a pep of it so others can take a stab at it.
Though I'd suggest frankenstiening the low and high poly models to get a better handle.

Here's where the gravity gun is currently at in it's construction:
gravity_gun_construction_progress__by_johnnymuffintop-d5iyzt9.jpg

Furthermore, the costume is coming along well, with pics to be up soon.
I've assembled the chest fully, both thighs, one bicep, forearm, and shin, as well as the waist. Currently painting those in daylight as I assemble the remaining parts at night.

Running over to get the lights right now. It's a bit of a rush build so I'm just getting some cheap LED light wands, putting them into the main chamber, the covering it all with yellow cellophane.
Gonna be posting updates all day. Now if only I could find that pep file...

I had a pep, I'll be uploading all the files, including that of the Gravity Gun in due time. In the meantime, I'm just gonna enjoy this costume.
the_freeman_is_excited_by_johnnymuffintop-d5j6q35.jpg

Oh man, awesome! I've been looking for someone who's completed a Freeman costume. In addition to the peps, could you also maybe post some progress pictures? I'd really like to see how you put this together, it looks awesome! Have fun!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back