GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

The one thing that I really don't like about this picture is that for the first clear close-up picture of Snakes head, you can clearly tell that they've wrapped a motorcycle helmet in vinyle/canvas and that the didn't bother to do anything to the helmet vents or contour lines (above the eyes running up/back) - they basically just wrapped over the whole thing.

On screen it'll probably look fine, but I hate it when something obvious like that hits me right away when I look at something that's supposed to be professionally designed/built.

Hey bud,
I can guarantee that this is NOT a motorcycle helmet, a modified pre-existing helmet or anything of the sort. Just like the suit, the helmet is entirely custom from the ground up.

David

Can't believe I forgot to reply to this, but speaking only for myself (and many other G.I.*Joe fans) the definitive Snake-Eyes look for me has always been the classic Version 2 figure from 1985... pay close attention...

snakeeyes2.jpg

Right there you have the first appearance of both the "knight's visor" mask AND the visible mouth on the mask! ;)

Even the 25th Anniversary update of that figure kept that detail...

snakeeyes29.jpg

snakeeyes29large.jpg

And it's also been seen on 12" figures...

snakeeyes.jpg

nssnakeeyes.jpg

Also, there was this, which I posted a few posts after your post...

So, all Rise of Cobra did is prove that what had worked on action figures, in comic books, and in painted artwork for almost a quarter century, does NOT look as good in real life. Nothing more, nothing less.

'Nuff said, True Believers! ;)

I think the mouth detail was put in because Snake Eyes's mask is thin/close fitting enough that you can make out his mouth underneath the mask. I think that after a while somebody forgot that little detail and simply copied the mouth when they updated the design figuring that since it was in an early design it should therefor be included.

Hey bud,
I can guarantee that this is NOT a motorcycle helmet, a modified pre-existing helmet or anything of the sort. Just like the suit, the helmet is entirely custom from the ground up.

David

Hey guys, it's all good - that's just what it made me think of - a modified motorcycle helmet. If it's not, then it's not. No big deal.

with the sun hitting his visor, it gives us a clue as to the construction beneath. Also judging by how much the Rock is sweating, Ray Park has got to be DIEING in that all black costume o__o

Take it from someone that wears chain and plate armor in the summer: you get used to it. Also that might not be real sweat. It could be sprayed on, it could be sun tan lotion or oil. Considering it's the Rock he may just be exuding awesome.

Considering it's the Rock he may just be exuding awesome.

HAHAHAHAHA This is most certainly the case.

And I know what you mean about getting used to it. I don't wear the chain and plate, but I'm no stranger to LARPing in leather armor or con-going in a muscle suit or something :/

Those are magazine pouches buddy:

One appears to be for a normal sized M4 type mag, the other a pistol....

Google

Definitely mag pouches. In addition to a generic Google search for ammo pouches I'd also do a search for tac gear sites as there are many out there who do their own work instead of just offering stuff from the major brands, that should open up your options and make it more likely that you'll find the correct pouches.

Hopefully to film more fight scenes with Snake Eyes. Let's make the whole film about him. It'll be the first silent film to win every award since the 1920's!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back