Subscribe
    Mar 25, 2012, 10:34 AM - Frank the pug outfit #1

I was wondering if anyone could help with obtaining a "Frank the pug" costume like the one worn by the pug dog in MIB II?

I have searched the internet with no success. I did find 2 sellers (one ebay, one on amazon) that were based in the U.S.A (I am in the UK). However tehy were wanting in excess of 35 just for the postage, which is waaaaaay too much for what it actually is IMO.

So i decided to have a go at making it myself (or at least getting the missus to have a go), something she said she could do if she had a pattern to follow. But i can't find one anywhere. So was wondering if anyone here could possible help me with finding one, if you know of one send me a link. Any info is much appreciated
  2. ONEYE is offline ONEYE
    Mar 25, 2012, 1:41 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #2

That's one handsome devil costume!
    From
    Austria
    Mar 25, 2012, 2:10 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #3

i see a new costume for the wampug in the future
    Mar 25, 2012, 4:27 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #4

I did search the RPF too in the hope this has already been addressed, but sadly not
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    Mar 27, 2012, 7:04 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #5

I would buy a cheap dog coat, unpick the seams and extract the pattern and modify it a little bit to suit.

Something like this would be a good base to start on : Cute Pet Dog Cat Fall Winter Fancy Dinosaur Clothe Dress Cosplay Costume S | eBay
    Mar 27, 2012, 7:13 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #6

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure how to create collars and the lapels of the shirt and jacket
    From
    Lexington, KY
    Mar 27, 2012, 9:25 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #7

I know I've seen 'how to make your own dog clothes' books at Michaels before - though I can't remember if it's only knitwear or actual sewing ideas.

Maybe make a mockup w/ some scrap fabric so you can size it to your dog, and adjust?
    Mar 27, 2012, 9:31 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #8

pwrofbauer said: View Post
    I know I've seen 'how to make your own dog clothes' books at Michaels before - though I can't remember if it's only knitwear or actual sewing ideas.

Maybe make a mockup w/ some scrap fabric so you can size it to your dog, and adjust?
    Is michaels an america shop? Just that i am based in the UK and not heard of this place before.
    From
    Miami, FL
    Mar 27, 2012, 9:59 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #9

Haha! I love that you are doing this for your pug!

I found 2 good candidates!

You may be able to hide the pinstripes on this one with a small amount of rit dye or just let it be!
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

And! This one. You might have to fix the sleeves a tad bit, and change the bowtie to an actual doggie tie, but I think it's a great fit!

Dog Tux Yappily Ever After Wedding Tuxedo Groom | eBay
    From
    Lexington, KY
    Mar 27, 2012, 10:31 PM - Re: Frank the pug outfit #10

FB Trooper said: View Post
    Is michaels an america shop? Just that i am based in the UK and not heard of this place before.
    Yes it is an American shop, sorry about that. It's an arts & crafts sort of place, they sell all kinds of craft supplies and also have some classes run.