Frank from Donnie Darko

moviebuff5

Sr Member
Finished pics in post 8

-----------------------------------
I am about to cut the fabric for my costume, but I noticed the grey fur appears to go backwards. So I am torn between being canon and getting questions about the fur being backwards or putting the fur in the expected direction and being wrong.

Has anyone else faced this problem or just have input?

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank from Donnie Darko - need input

Just be sure to get the long white fur for the chest. It's the first thing I notice that's missing on most fan made costumes.

I would go for making it screen accurate.

Its not a living animal in the film so where ever Frank got the costume from they obvestly made it that way :)

Screen accurate. Anyone gives you any grief just explain that's how it is in the film. Then they'll be impressed and you can score.

Do you have a pic of the fur you are using? I've been looking fro accurate fur but have rarely come across it. Did you buy it online? if so do you have a link?

-Adam

Screen accurate it is!

Jedi master adam, the fur is something I found locally at a fabric by the pound warehouse.

edit:
Here is a daylight photo of the fabric.
fabric.JPG

Last edited:

Screen accurate it is!

Jedi master adam, the fur is something I found locally at a fabric by the pound warehouse.

edit:
Here is a daylight photo of the fabric.

That fur looks good. here is the fur I use, But I just ran out on the last costume I made.

Darkofacefullwihthood83.jpg

Creepy.
Well. if you want to be screen accurate, the white hair has to be longer. What is that stuff anyway.

And the gray seems to be folded under on itself with the white beneath that.

Fantastic stuff, just need an axe to bury into a brinze statue XD
and the make up for your eye underneath the mask.

I made mine years before I even heard about making screen accurate replicas, and I am in the process of reworking the suit. We found the longer white fur at a local fabric store, and I still need to redo the grey fur. My mask isn't screen accurate, but I have a picture of me with James Duval holding his copy that was made for him by the prop man on the movie. It's much smaller and lighter than mine, but mine seems to look better proportioned for some reason...

Nicely done MB!
I was wondering when I'd see a Frank costume show up here!
Here are a couple pix of my version of Frank the Bunny I made last year & wore at Comic con 2009 it was a BLAST! (the bottom photo is from PAX09)

Kurr

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the finished costume, less the white tennis shoes.

A friend of a friend reckons he owns a costume made by the original costume designer (the latter is said to make one or two a year), but I have no idea if that's true... anybody know?

Anyway, great work!

Nicely done MB!
I was wondering when I'd see a Frank costume show up here!
Here are a couple pix of my version of Frank the Bunny I made last year & wore at Comic con 2009 it was a BLAST! (the bottom photo is from PAX09)

Hey Kurr, I think we got a photo together last year at SDCC.

DSC06997-vi.jpg

Here's another of just you.

DSC06996-vi.jpg

Awesome costumes, both of you guys! I wish I could afford a Frank of my own.

Hi Danakin!

Yep that's me! Cool Boba Fett costume I remember taking that picture with you too! That convention was hella fun thanks for posing with me in the photo!

Kurr

Hey Kurr, I think we got a photo together last year at SDCC.

Here's another of just you.

Awesome costumes, both of you guys! I wish I could afford a Frank of my own.

What's the history on the mask? Where did you get yours?

I purchased the mask from an unknown artist on ebay some years back. It was unpainted except for a base gray coat and ssome white on the teeth and eyes. I recolored it to hopfully acheave a more accurate look.

Kurr

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back