JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : Labsic's mk8 IM helmet

Well done! Ahah, two weeks, I knew it wasn't impossible. Here's another evidence I'm not an alien.

Or unless I'm not the only alien around here.

I really like the smooth and shiny finishing.
That said, if I may afford, the thing is maybe just before painting you should have spent a couple more hours adding the missing details here and there by simply carving the foam with your blade, mainly on the chest around the arc reactor. It would have given the whole suit the premium rendering of the original Dancin_fool's model.

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : Sharkhead IM helmet

JF... are you kidding me? AWESOME... it looks like that thing was machine made. I agree that the foam looks different than what I've seen. Wish I could find it in the states! great work

That is what I normally say about Japan but this is one of the rare times that Europe has better supplies.

These are some amazing suits.

I read "Made in Hungary" on the packing of the foam.
And "Importado para Brasil por IGUASPORT"...

Does someone heard about Iguasport chain stores ?

Last edited:

Thanks for the assist.
I too researched the foam when you first posted your original design but none of the stores I found would ship to North America. :cry

So your files sit, happily or perhaps, sadly, stored for future use.

@ 7sinzz:

hey good job there, out of curiosity, what was your process for painting? did u pva, plastidip, etc?

Cheers guys.
Jf although I would have liked to have done the details, I haven't practiced them yet so didn't wanna try them on this suit in case I messed it up. I'm currently building the mk 7 for myself using your files. The separate flaps version of the back is unbelievably difficult for me.

My process is: 8mm foam hot glued (I used to super glue it but hot glue is much better). 5 coats of PVA glue although I'm considering using less in future. Very brittle. Then primer, spray. Then my favourite part: tons and tons of lacquer lol.

hey JF i seem to being having a problem with the Ultimate ironman file when i print it out and cut the white borders off the pattern does not line up right, any help would be awesome. i have built the helmet and it worked awesome

Which file of the suit ?
I've never been reported this kind of issue. Any screenshot/pics would help.
Did you resize it, or move the layers, or change the margin heigh/width ?
Did you check "print alignment marks" ?

i did resize it down from where it was at i measured from arm pit to arm pit for the width and changed it to borderless printing, then rearranged the parts, the chest is the part im working on now

here i a pic of the chest parts not lining up, i know its not off by much but seems odd
135676_487958977892426_1840992130_o.jpg

Curious. I've never seen anything like that along hundreds of pages or files...
Be sure to set A4 or Letter properly, or you'll run the risk to print outside the paper.

And maybe you should tape the sheets before cutting the patterns :

1- match the alignment marks

pdotape01.jpg

2- tape the corners

pdotape02.jpg

3- tape the whole meeting sides

pdotape03.jpg

... and only then you can cut up your masks. This way you can instantly notice if something's wrong before cuting and before taping, and It prevents both hazardous taping and multiple pieces parts spreading.

ok cool thanks so much for the advice, ill be doing this then for the ultimate iron man as well as the guyver suit sense im gonna make both i hope for Dcon next year

If I were you, I would wait the Guyver to be released for foam-speed-build in separate parts. For now all the limbs head torso etc are in the same file, it is not easy to scale at all. It will be done in the next weeks.

thats good to hear your making the guyver armor in separate parts i think im going to have to wait for that thanks for all your hard work brother

ok cool ill wait too then. its an armor i have wanted for years, well sense i saw the live action movie that was made

Hope you know they made 2 live action movies... Guyver (called Mutronics in Europe), and: Guyver 2: Dark Hero

Sorry if that's obvious, you only mentioned seeing the one, wouldn't want ya to have missed out.

The guy that played him in the second one was also the voice of solid snake ;) epic trivia. This post has take home value lol.

checking in daily paying respect to the genius that is JF starting a warmachine on sunday

that red foam looks like what we use in our tool boxes at the base..we have the yellow too. hmmm maybe I can get a name

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back