Delete Thread

Re: First Time Pepakura Build...Help?

The good thing about pepakura is that you can do what ever you want, card stock is very versatile. I and most people on this forum don't use paper mâché with pep but that doesn't mean it won't work.
Good luck mate.:popcorn

Hey guys,

I've been dodging pepakura for a while because I was scared of it :facepalm But I'm finally giving it a try! I do have two questions, though. (1) Can you make pepakura armor out of cardboard? And (2) if I made the armor out of the 110 lb. cardstock, could I strengthen it with paper mache?

Cardboard works, but it's harder to bend the pieces into shape. Some people use sheets of foamie (craft foam, found in any craft store). I use cardstock.

You can use paper mache to strengthen it if you want, but it's not as strong as other methods. Some people use bondo auto body filler. Others use PVA (white glue). Some use fiberglass cloth and resin. Me, I use fiberglass resin without the cloth. Three or four coats on the inside, and another three or four coats on the outside. It makes it almost like plastic.

Cardboard works, but it's harder to bend the pieces into shape. Some people use sheets of foamie (craft foam, found in any craft store). I use cardstock.

You can use paper mache to strengthen it if you want, but it's not as strong as other methods. Some people use bondo auto body filler. Others use PVA (white glue). Some use fiberglass cloth and resin. Me, I use fiberglass resin without the cloth. Three or four coats on the inside, and another three or four coats on the outside. It makes it almost like plastic.

Thanks for the tips! Do you think a helmet would work using foamies?

I use 110 card stock with fiberglass on the inside. It's not as hard as you think. Just follow the tutorials like Stealth's on YouTube. Just search "the hero tutorials pepakura tutorial", it's in multiple parts.

Sent from Andriod

Thanks for the tips! Do you think a helmet would work using foamies?

I've used cardstock for all my Predator bio masks. But I want those to be stiff.

I've not done any helmets from foamie myself, but I have seen pep files for them (pep files can be modified to use foamie instead of cardstock). So apparently someone out there is. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back