First Time Build Iron Man Mk VI Ver.2

Hey all,
Kem Gray Here.. Just wanted to share with you all my 1st build of many.
Fan of therpf for a little bit now, and im ready to join the crew..
Been inspired by Stealth, Project Earth 7, Darkside and others.
Hope you like

Attachments

• Kem Suit Back.jpeg
    Kem Suit Back.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Kem suit abs.jpeg
    Kem suit abs.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Kem Iron man.jpeg
    Kem Iron man.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I did a little modification to the back of the torso.. going to add some details here soon.. just looking to find some thinner foam.. Arms, legs and cod piece in the works.. I really have no Idea why I painted the foam before I hit it with PVA.. I didn't like looking at the excess glue..? OCD..?

Last edited:
Looking great man!

I'm just starting my Mark VI

What did you use for in between the rib pieces?
did you glue extra foam behind or use something else?

Very clean work!

Smart to not start with the helm!
My first pieces were abyssmal.
(Some of mine still sort of are... but we won't go there :lol)

What thickness/kind of foam did you go with?

Very clean work!

Smart to not start with the helm!
My first pieces were abyssmal.
(Some of mine still sort of are... but we won't go there :lol)

What thickness/kind of foam did you go with?
Lol.. hey man.. I threw out some pieces on the way here.. they're no mistakes just lessons learned.. I'm not sure what mm but my guess (with this ****ty ruler) is about 6mm - I dont have the foam in front of me, but I grabbed it in sports authority.. (random)

yeah, I haven't been able to go hard at making the suit but Im doing little by little.. (I dont think my girl likes Iron man:thumbsdown.. ) Anyway.. about the Helmet.. Foam works! I started with the cardstock.. it went well.. until I finished it. I put it on and said WTF.. was too big.. re-sized it and it was too small.. Pissed at this point.. I tried another approach with the eva foam.. (Much Faster build) Xrobots tutorial about heating the foam to make curves.. Genius.. I put together the helmet and fracking love it. Here's progress so far.

I used a clear container top as an alternative for the ears.. when I did the ears the regular way with the foam, there was no room for my ears in the helmet.. my own ears made the helmet look like an upside down bucket when I put it on..

So far so good man! that helmet has some nice proportions!

if you'd like to make it look more rigid without using bondo, you could try reinforcing it on the inside by hotgluing wire, plastic pieces, cardboard, etc.

That could potentially fix any small warping you have. To me, that's the only thing that is causing it to still look like foam. Other than that, it looks awesome man, great job!

also, which files did you use? kind of looks like JFCustom's edits. very nice

So far so good man! that helmet has some nice proportions!

if you'd like to make it look more rigid without using bondo, you could try reinforcing it on the inside by hotgluing wire, plastic pieces, cardboard, etc.

That could potentially fix any small warping you have. To me, that's the only thing that is causing it to still look like foam. Other than that, it looks awesome man, great job!

also, which files did you use? kind of looks like JFCustom's edits. very nice

Oh nice!! Thanks for the advice.. will do.. I plan on eventually going the bondo direction only because I want to make the face plate/jaw move.. I used the Sharkhead foam edit.. I started on the mkvi suit, I cant wait to finish and upgrade to the mkvii.. been studying it..

great build man! did you make the neck seal yourself or did you use a pep file? I haven't seen that neck design anywhere.

Thanks Man!!.. The neck was freehand..Originally I used the other pep file.. didn't like as much. So I just made one using the existing shapes combined. Its two pieces.. I just used angled slits in the neck.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back