Female Skyrim Dovahkiin *completed PAX images PAGE 20 and p 21 pics , p.23 pro pix

Re: Female Skyrim Dovahkiin w.i.p

Looks awesome!

Only piece of advice I can give you is one I learned the hard way. When you are making scale armor, start from the bottom and work your way up. Helps get the scales to lay down better lookin and also saves you a lot of work and aggravation.

Can't wait to see it finished!
Chris

Looks awesome!

Only piece of advice I can give you is one I learned the hard way. When you are making scale armor, start from the bottom and work your way up. Helps get the scales to lay down better lookin and also saves you a lot of work and aggravation.

Can't wait to see it finished!
Chris
LOL yeah i figured this out its kind of like reverse tattooing when you are working with fabric... thank you for re pointing that out though ... i could see how it would be awful to deal with if i started with the top row and worked my way down

Sup guys , here i am dieing of a disease lol ... got some horrible cold but here is my so far progress on the Konahric
403241_2830583237752_1054231683_32312325_1321669511_n.jpg
i really can not wait to see this guy finished

Great start! I love when scraps, bits and bobs, along with the occasional unused what not, all held together with duct tape, can come together and look fabulous!

Haven't made it that far in the game to see that guy (hell, only killed Moraki? so far), but that mask is looking badass!

Still can't believe all the stuff people make with sculpey. I tried to use it for some stuff a few years ago and the damned block was hard as a rock. Even after a while of working with it all I ended up with were sore hands and an annoyed look.

Can't wait to see it finished up!
Chris

dude honesty ... i have the tiniest hands you have ever seen ... i am half german half japanese ...and i got stuck with japanese hands lol they are pathetic my largest finger diameter is size five .... so i been struggling with working with my hands for years and sculptey is like molding a brick ..... i pretty much ripped it apart in tiny bits and pieces ...apologized to my hands in advance and ... kneaded it out till it was soft , it actually softens ...remotely , it just takes a lot of convincing ..... it took me two and a half hours to get that far in the mask build with my stupid squirrel hands ..... i even went as far as to sit on half the block of clay while i was not working on it ahhahaha .... but yes ....carpel tunnel here i come! (as if years wielding a heavy tattoo machine were not bad enough for my mits...)

thanks lando and @mockle about two and a half hours to get this far ...it was a pain.... it has been cold too so the clay was more solid than it normally is

Female Skyrim Dovahkiin *completed PAX images PAGE 20 and p 21 pics , p.23 pr...

Wow... Great work

Last edited:

Huh, just discovered there is such a thing as sculpey softener. Might wanna look into that, god knows if it helps soften that stuff it's gonna save wear and tear on your hands.

Chris

BOB SAGAT ! .... lol figures there is a product like that on the market .... well maybe if i keep torturing my hands they will be strong ... like bear paw .... or i will have two little gimp hands lol ... i can just make my arms short ...like a t rex ... and be a dinosaur . and thank you allfate .... i try ... i guess if you want something hard enough you can kind of sort of .. make it work out :>

*cough*NEUMA!*cough*
QUI! its been a minute how have you been... and i have looked into the neuma's but it was always a weird buy one get one free thing .... now when you buy a machine i usually get workhorse irons ... you have a solid machine .. if parts go nuts on it , you take it apart and rebuild it ... i built three of my own machines two liners and a shader from scratch ... i dont know maybe i am naturally old world with tattoo machines because of that lol ... i would be traumatized with my door locked if my brand new shiney neuma went haywire and broke .... i stopped tattooing anyhow though lol

I have some Mickeys and those damned things are heavy. Trying to ease back into the tattooing career.(Burned out with craptastic bosses) My buddy LOVES the Neumas and has nothing but good things to say about them and has done killer work with them.

I've been a busy old boy. Gym time. Good to see you still cracking at the costuming as that mask is VERY well done. Doing it in Sculpey gives you even more props. Well done!

Do you have much shrinkage when you bake the scupley? That would be my luck to put a lot of work into a scupt only to have it kid sized after it was done...

thank you everyone! and i baked the mask tonight ...while eating my finger nails and having a nervous breakdown as it was in the oven and wow this thing is SOLID ... around the eye sockets .... tip of the nose area ..well where a nose would be is very thin while areas like the brow and cheek is very thick and it still baked just fine 275 for about twenty five minutes .... very minimal shrinkage ... i can not wait to sand up parts that i could not really smooth out with my fingertips then paint this guy! .... .... tonight i sand this mask ... my .. armor boobs and my dovahkiin helm horns ... then paint the horns .... i will also have more photos for you guys :> thanks for following my **** show

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back