Female Ezio - Yep another Assassin! (Build and finished pics inside!)

Mandi

Hi guys, just thought I would share with everyone my Ezio build. I really wanted to create a replica costume that wouldn't look out of place in a movie or real life and I wanted to show that a female Ezio didn't have to have lots of leg or chest showing :)

So it took me a solid 3x months of hand making everything. It turned out that there was a cosplay convention on when I finished this and too my surprise I took out the award: Best Cosplay - Advanced Category. It really meant alot to me that other people could see the time and effort I'd put into this costume :)

This is the finished product:

1456641_390218691109597_660445035_nAT.jpg1234725_403802043087118_138116117_nAT.jpg1463371_404195673047755_1973954228_n.jpgIMG_0047 (2).jpg

So here is only a quick showing of how I went about building this otherwise it would be a very long read (if there is any interested in the long version I can link you to the whole build)

First off I got the base materials that I wanted to use and hand drawn to scale the belt insignia on some paper (at work haha), it took me a long time to decide the material due to the colours and texture.

Ezio1.jpg

After this I used a plastic bag and masking tape around my torso to create my own pattern for the tunic and marked it out by drawing on it with pen to know where to cut.

Ezio5.jpgEzio6.jpg

Then I tacked it up and lined the inside with red.

Ezio-Part2.1.jpgEzio-Part2.5.jpg

Drew up the skirts with a pen and ruler on plastic bag to make the template and redid it about twice to get the scale right.

Ezio3.1.jpg

started creating the hood, this is my least favourite part of the costume, it was really tricky as I have never really made anything like this and was hard to get my head around it to make it look like the game design.

Ezio3.5.jpg

A quick test fit to make sure I was on track still with all my measurements.

2013-08-23-1.jpg

I started hand sewing the tunic together as I don't have a sewing machine and I think the handsewn effect compliments this costume. It took a long long time :(

Ezio4.1.jpg

Then after this I made a cut in the tunic and pulled individual strands out to create Ezio's cut affect on his top.

Ezio4.2.jpgEzio4.3.jpg

I read up a bit on sculpey and got some sculpey and used it for the first time ever, I didn't have any tools so just used my drawing as a reference and had a go with my hands to shape it all.

Ezio4.5.jpg

I bought some buttons and weathered them, and started hand painting the designs onto the skirts and tunic, I know the design is 100% accurate but I couldn't find a good enough reference so had to wing it. I also weathered the whole costume so it would look realistic.

Ezio5.6.jpgEzio5.7.jpg

I went back to the sculpey insignia and finished that off, baked it and painted it.

Ezio5.10.jpgEzio5.11.jpg

I used the same path for the pauldron clips

Ezio6.5.jpgEzio6.6.jpgEzio6.10.jpg

PART 2 Incoming!

Attachments

• 7.1.jpg
    7.1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 334
It looks really good. I agree about seeing female versions of characters not showing off a lot of skin, unless it's part of the male costume too but the entire point of the assassins is to not expose anything.

Wow, you really nailed all those details! I've always been a fan of the lady Ezios. Now my Ezio getup just looks like a pile of garbage next to this lol

The time had come to use the leather, I had no idea how to work with it so read up on it a little bit and then basically just had a go at it. It came out passable but I think I still have no idea what I'm doing with it haha.

7.1.jpg 7.3.jpg

I then made the hidden blade from carboard originally I was going to rig it up to be working however the cosplay event had a weapons policy so I went the safe option.

7.6.jpg

I made the vambrace with buckles and leather then I used the same sculpey process to create the insignias on it, I used aluminim foil, wire, sclupey and paint and I based it all of hand drawn drawings which I drew to scale for me :)

7.7.jpg7.8.jpg

I ran out of time to find the right boots, I was very particular about them as I wanted flat footed boots however with the time limit I had for the cosplay thing I used existing boots and modified them.

assassins_creed_2___ezio_hand_made_cosplay_by_mandi180sx-d6v5hmv.jpgezio.jpg

I had a lot of fun and sometimes confusion making this but it has inpsired me to make more! Anyway that's a quick run down and I hope anyone reading this enjoyed it! :)

It looks really good. I agree about seeing female versions of characters not showing off a lot of skin, unless it's part of the male costume too but the entire point of the assassins is to not expose anything.

Thanks so much. Yea definitely if the character is showing skin then I have no issue with it but it is kind of annoying when people take a clothed character and have to make it sexy or what not, it takes away from the build I think!

Wow, you really nailed all those details! I've always been a fan of the lady Ezios. Now my Ezio getup just looks like a pile of garbage next to this lol

Thanks alot for the kind words! Yea through the build I had to remind myself not to rush it and just give it time because it will show it the end so I'm happy with the restrain I showed :) And I bet it doesn't, I love seeing cosplay people create ad how they decide to make them, credit to anyone who makes their own!

Wow, you sew, you sculpt, you draw, you paint...is there anything you cannot do? Beautiful costume (and great photos with the right ambiance). Eager to see your next project, if it's of the same quality, I'll be subscribing fast:cool

Amazing! It's refreshing to see a non-"slutty" femme version of a male character. And hand sewing? My hat's off to you. :thumbsup

Wow, you sew, you sculpt, you draw, you paint...is there anything you cannot do? Beautiful costume (and great photos with the right ambiance). Eager to see your next project, if it's of the same quality, I'll be subscribing fast:cool

Lot's of things I can't do! :) Thanks alot, I love the final photos my boyfriend did an amazing job with them, really bought the costume to life I think! I'll be revisiting the Assassin's Creed Series doing Edward for my boyfriend and Adewale for me (I'm a small very pale girl but I think I can work with it still haha) but that will be a little while down the track. Thanks for the nice comments and thoughts!

Amazing! It's refreshing to see a non-"slutty" femme version of a male character. And hand sewing? My hat's off to you. :thumbsup

Thank you! And thank you, I want to show that you don't have to "sexy" everything up but rather show time and effort :) Yea hand sewing was pretty grueling erghhhh but in the end I think it paid off.

My son is a huge Assassin's Creed fan so I showed him your pictures.
He is very impressed by your work.
Thumbs up from both of us.

Wolf

My son is a huge Assassin's Creed fan so I showed him your pictures.
He is very impressed by your work.
Thumbs up from both of us.

Wolf

Thanks to the both of you!

[=joshvanrad;3159740]Is your boyfriend a pretty serious photographer? He really nailed the shots.[/QUOTE]

Nope he an amateur photographer but is one of those talented people that are great at whatever they set their mind too :) absolutely he bought it to life!

Wow very nice. That it was you fist one makes it more impressive.

Thank you! Yes I learnt a lot from this build so I'm hoping I can improve each costume I do!

Fantastic build! I really love that you found a middle ground between keeping something true to the source material, and yet still found a way to make it subtly feminine.

Well done!

Excellent work, the detail and effort put into this is awsome, I personally love to see female assassins, as said previously the LESS "slutty" the better, it just ruins the point of a lot of male to female outfits.

You look awsome in this and the photography is brilliant :D:thumbsup

PS Creed is epic :D lol

Fantastic build! I really love that you found a middle ground between keeping something true to the source material, and yet still found a way to make it subtly feminine.

Well done!

Thanks alot it's really nice that it shows, I spent ages agonising over the material in fear of getting it wrong and ruining the whole thing! :)

Wow, excellent job on the weathering and design. I need to learn to sew :eek

Thank you very much, weathering was one of my favourite touches to make it a little more believeable! Yea sewing is so mundane!

Very nice. I hope to see more of your work soon.

Thank you, I wish I could do it all day haha

Excellent work, the detail and effort put into this is awsome, I personally love to see female assassins, as said previously the LESS "slutty" the better, it just ruins the point of a lot of male to female outfits.

You look awsome in this and the photography is brilliant :D:thumbsup

PS Creed is epic :D lol

Absolutely, cosplay is about becoming the character not the character becoming you or a "sexy" version.

Thanks alot I love the photography as well, I was blown away by the final edits my boyfriend did :)

Creed is great, punching the beggars that get in the way of your sneaky mission is even more so haha

Absolutely, cosplay is about becoming the character not the character becoming you or a "sexy" version.

Thanks alot I love the photography as well, I was blown away by the final edits my boyfriend did :)

Creed is great, punching the beggars that get in the way of your sneaky mission is even more so haha

Totally get what you mean! I can't stand them beggars slowing me down lol :D

I'm going to have to show this to my wife now, this is one of the costumes she wants made for her and you did an amazing job of it :)

looks awesome, good job with the sculpey cause i personally hate that stuff, and i like how you didn't have to throw a hood on a white and brown bikini and say you're a female ezio, cosplay needs more girls like you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back