Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

You should try to get a set of Snowboard lenses. They are reflecting and red, and are already fogproof.

Good job so far!

Snowboard eh?
i'll have to look into that.
silver, i thought i replied to every PM i got, can you resend?
Kaffe, duck cloth.

oh god i look like some kind of offender with the spandex hod on.. i need to add mesh to the eyes..

sewing pics are boring, so i'v omitted them, instead, actual progress to see for the coat!!
PB060671-1.jpg

the sleeves need shortening, and the rain cape needs adding, but it's all coming together.
i think i may put wire into the collar.. but i'm not sure.

PB060672.jpg

PB060673.jpg

PB060674.jpg

PB060675.jpg

PB060676.jpg

found a plastic pistol that looks alot like the ranger sequoia (sp?) for honorable service pistol, needs alot of detail added, but it does have the leafy swirls all over it, so it's a great start.
needs painting, and wont be ready for the 7th, but it was an awesome deal for a buck.

Last edited:

Everything, I must say, looks fantastic!

But you should consider putting a bit more padding in your helmet. It looks like its kinda saggy.

But you should consider putting a bit more padding in your helmet. It looks like its kinda saggy.

Agreed, even though I can tell you are looking straight ahead, the helmet looks like its tilted down.

Keep up the good work!

actually i have my head tilted down slightly in those recent photos,
i will be adding alittle more padding for comfort, but i dont have much room in the mask. speaking is tricky.

As far as wiring the collar goes, I think you should. I also think you should wire from the tip of each collar down vertically through to the "zipper" area, so the angle of the collar isn't so dramatic. In the first image you showed (post 1), his collar comes almost straight up from the zip line of the coat, with no difference in pitch. That difference is subtle, but makes a big difference when comparing the recent shots to that image. Any angle we see in pic 1 is from the curve of the collar away from the neck, not from the shape of the collar.

sweet man this reminds me that i probaly need to fiberglass and bondo my ranger helmet lol haha nice costume btw

Holy crap, that is bad a**!

My only critique would be the space by the collar. Maybe a black shirt under the vest?

Kommissar, have you checked out any auto-stores for reflective window tint? With your acrylic lenses it seems like all you would need would be some of the chrome stuff to back it and really finish off the look of your helmet! Oh, and you'd be able to see... big plus ;)

Kommissar, have you checked out any auto-stores for reflective window tint? With your acrylic lenses it seems like all you would need would be some of the chrome stuff to back it and really finish off the look of your helmet! Oh, and you'd be able to see... big plus ;)

i wish,
cali has a law passed that makes those kits illegal, at least restricted enough i cant buy them in stores.
got any links online you would share?

Amazing, very well done on the helmet and armor, they fit very nicely along with the coat.

No time for descriptions, off to the con in two or so hours, and going to be hand stitching a few parts on the way!

PB080677.jpg

PB080678.jpg

PB080679.jpg

PB080681.jpg

PB080682.jpg

PB080685.jpg

PB080684.jpg

PB080686.jpg

PB080687.jpg

wow haven't check in on this thread for a couple of weeks but this is looking amazing. Nice work mate, happy new year

not got too many pics yet, and most of them are post battery pack for the helmet (the battery died on sunday and that's when everyone decided to take notice and do photoshoots) but i will find some of the shots i got when the lights are on. just like the one already posted.
the coat was a huge success! its so comfortable and has a great weight to it, that i'm going to probably make a second, minus the logos and battle damage to actually own for casual wear.

sdcosplay.org worth checking out all the pages of this shoot, as some of the angles and poses are pretty cool in my opinion.
photography for this shoot was by brian kruise.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back