Subscribe
    From
    My very own perfect world!
    Nov 16, 2012, 9:27 PM - Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #1

I'm building my first costume for The RPF, as this is my first Thread! Anyway its not like you guys havenít seen this build before, however it will be modified a little just to make it easier on myself. I donít have access to all the fancy equipment I have seen around this forum. This is going to be a first for me with a lot of materials and procedures.
    I chose this build because I am a massive fan of the "Fallout" series and the rangers from New Vegas are something everybody can recognize when they seem one. I was really interested in using polystyrene plastic and foam, as they seemed extremely useful. I decided that this would be a great learning experience and I really hope it goes well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ncr_veteran_ranger_by_helljumpergrif-d35jklq.jpeg 
Views:	3141 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	127313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RangerCombatArmor1.png 
Views:	3239 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	127314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video-games-fallout-fallout-new-vegas-new-california-republic-ncr-veteran-ranger-628219.jpeg 
Views:	3341 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	127315  

From
    Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 PM - Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP (starting the helmet) #2

I started with the helmet before the body armor. The initial step was to use a classic pepakura file to build a cardstock copy of the mask. This will serve as a base that I can use to base my styrene copy around. After this step I'll build the styrene cutouts.
    Last edited by connormwood; Nov 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM.
    From
    Nov 17, 2012, 8:01 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #3

Now that I have learned how to post full size images...

From
    Nov 17, 2012, 10:43 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #4

I had to cut out another set of pepakura images in order to trace them on to a .030" styrene sheet.

I glued the images onto the sheet so they would not move when I traced them.

I was able to cut out the styrene with scissors because it was so thin! This made it so I would be able to recut out any shapes that I ruined. I highly suggest buying 0.030" styrene if anyone else wants to carry out this build.
    Last edited by connormwood; Nov 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM.
    From
    Nov 18, 2012, 9:02 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #5

I've cut the cutouts in order to make them fit with more a jagged look, but with the flexibility of the plastic I don't think it was necessary. I put the pieces together with tape, but I will later glue them together.

From
    Nov 19, 2012, 3:09 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #6

These were taken after I had took a painstaking amount of time to individually superglue each of the seams together.

Last edited by connormwood; Nov 23, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
    From
    Nov 22, 2012, 8:32 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #7

Me supergluing some of the parts on the mouth piece of the helmet:

The helmet is taking its shape, but I had to cut out a large amount of my own modified pieces in order to make it all fit together correctly.

From
    Longview, Texas, United States
    Nov 23, 2012, 12:36 AM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #8

Such agreat build the NCR Ranger is. I shall be following this build closely, my friend.
    From
    Nov 23, 2012, 12:08 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #9

Mean Obiwan said: View Post
    Such agreat build the NCR Ranger is. I shall be following this build closely, my friend.
    Thanks for the comment, you are the first!
    From
    Longview, Texas, United States
    Nov 23, 2012, 1:40 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #10

connormwood said: View Post
    Thanks for the comment, you are the first!
    Indeed, my friend. I love everything about this charactor. I'll be especially interested when you get to the jacket. I was thinking about making a similar jacket, but I'd like to see how others go about it. Keep us updated with this build!
    From
    Nov 23, 2012, 4:35 PM - Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Build WIP #11

I was stuck on the eyes for a while but got them figured out.
    Im almost done with the eye frames but still need to get some lenses.
    Last edited by connormwood; Nov 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM.