EVA Foam and Plaster

EWFilms

Hey I am brand new to the costume making and this is my first post in fact, and I am currently working on a Halo Spartan Armor set with EVA Foam and have a question about detailing.

I have a few gaps that I'd like to fill in. What would be the best material to do that?

Also, Can I coat the EVA Foam in a thin layer of plaster and then sand down to accentuate the hard edges?

Thanks

Hey I am brand new to the costume making and this is my first post in fact, and I am currently working on a Halo Spartan Armor set with EVA Foam and have a question about detailing.

I have a few gaps that I'd like to fill in. What would be the best material to do that?

Also, Can I coat the EVA Foam in a thin layer of plaster and then sand down to accentuate the hard edges?

Thanks

Hi bro, welcome to RPF. First of all, can you show us some fotos of your work? It would help us to give u some opinion.
You can find in this forum a lot of tips and tricks to avoid the foam gaps, just make a calm research to find it.
Please do not use plaster over the foam because it will crack easily!!!
GL!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back