data-ad-slot="5185789655">
Subscribe
  1. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 9, 2010, 10:39 AM - Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #1

    Kamen Rider Den-O is our favorite KR series.We really love it. Robert already did Momotaros (one of the imagins) and we'll be building one for me (guess who? )

    Anyway, we made a costume for a friend. Among the forms of Den-O he liked the Gun Form best.



    Gun Form
    (ガンフォーム, Gan Fōmu[FONT=sans-serif]?[/FONT]) is Kamen Rider Den-O's fourth form, used when Ryotaro is possessed by Ryutaros. In Gun Form, the DenGasher is transformed into a gun for short and long range attacks. Gun Form displays an increase in speed, power, and defense, easily making it the most superior of the four basic forms. Ryutaros tends to fight as Gun Form at his whim, as he is able to overpower the other three Tarōs and in some cases Ryotaro. However, he also tends to cause more damage than the other forms because of his low precision and the high power of his ammunition. Ryutaros himself once assumed Gun Form during the events of "Final Countdown" in order to battle the revived army of Imagin. Ryutaros incorporates break-dancing moves into his fighting style in Gun Form, making his movements somewhat unpredictable. The motif of Gun Form is that of a dragon, the creature associated with the story of Tatsu no Ko Tarō, Tarō the Dragon Boy, upon which Gun Form is based.

    Anyway...here are the progress pics + the finished costume that Robert made.
















    Robert brought the costume to a convention last November 7. TADAAAA!!!











    *boots are user's own. it's zipper broke so he had to patch it with masking tapes.
  2. data-ad-slot="4313291280">
    data-ad-slot="8398578428">
  3. Riceball's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Messages
    1,759
    Nov 9, 2010, 12:29 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #2

    Nice work. The quality of your work never ceases to amaze as well as how fast you seem to pump out these costumes. I think that if I were to attempt even one of your foam builds it would take me at least a year to finish yet you and your friends seem to be able to cranks one out every few months it seems. I bow to your awesomeness and seeing your work really makes me want to attempt a foam build one of these days, I that foam would be ideal for my dream project of making a set of Southern Cross armor.
  4. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 9, 2010, 1:23 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #3

    Riceball said: View Post
    Nice work. The quality of your work never ceases to amaze as well as how fast you seem to pump out these costumes. I think that if I were to attempt even one of your foam builds it would take me at least a year to finish yet you and your friends seem to be able to cranks one out every few months it seems. I bow to your awesomeness and seeing your work really makes me want to attempt a foam build one of these days, I that foam would be ideal for my dream project of making a set of Southern Cross armor.
    thanks riceball. inspiring words. we really appreciate that people here appreciate what we do. and for the record - we are not zombies and yes we do sleep. we just work well under pressure. hahaha! he did this in 1 week.

    try it. maybe you will learn a new trick. its all about learning.
  5. Riceball's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Messages
    1,759
    Nov 9, 2010, 1:48 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #4

    izabel said: View Post
    thanks riceball. inspiring words. we really appreciate that people here appreciate what we do. and for the record - we are not zombies and yes we do sleep. we just work well under pressure. hahaha! he did this in 1 week.

    try it. maybe you will learn a new trick. its all about learning.
    One of these I'll actually get off my butt and try it. It's something that I've been wanting to do for the longest time and the more I see you and others creating incredible costumes in foam the more I'm convinced that foam is the ideal route to take for creating what I want, much better than sculpting in clay first and then casting for vacforming or messing with fiberglass.
  6. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 9, 2010, 1:54 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #5

    Riceball said: View Post
    One of these I'll actually get off my butt and try it. It's something that I've been wanting to do for the longest time and the more I see you and others creating incredible costumes in foam the more I'm convinced that foam is the ideal route to take for creating what I want, much better than sculpting in clay first and then casting for vacforming or messing with fiberglass.
    it depends actually. if you want it to be really long lasting then go for fiberglass. if you want fast build rubber would be best.
  7. Riceball's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Messages
    1,759
    Nov 9, 2010, 2:02 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #6

    izabel said: View Post
    it depends actually. if you want it to be really long lasting then go for fiberglass. if you want fast build rubber would be best.
    Maybe I'll make it in rubber/foam first and then put a coat of resin on top of it.
  8. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 9, 2010, 2:10 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #7

    Riceball said: View Post
    Maybe I'll make it in rubber/foam first and then put a coat of resin on top of it.
    you just read my mind. we're into that.
  9. quovadis0920's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Mars with love
    Messages
    953
    Nov 10, 2010, 7:13 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #8

    i saw this on your FB page! I lilililili like it. anyway,i tried the rubber+fiberglass thingy, trust me, didn't work,the rubber went crazy and melted the thin surface of it.

    anyway if you don't mind, could you make a tutorial how to make your amazing suits? i'd like to use rubber as a medium for an IM abs and gloves.
  10. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 10, 2010, 7:28 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #9

    quovadis0920 said: View Post
    i saw this on your FB page! I lilililili like it. anyway,i tried the rubber+fiberglass thingy, trust me, didn't work,the rubber went crazy and melted the thin surface of it.

    anyway if you don't mind, could you make a tutorial how to make your amazing suits? i'd like to use rubber as a medium for an IM abs and gloves.
    really? but we also did the fiberglass + rubber thingy & it worked well.

    yeah. we've been wanting to do that. we owe a lot of people here some vids but we dont have the time yet. im hoping during the holidays we can make one vid for everyone.
  11. Formerly Tempus RPF Premium Member Dave Porter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Vanishing Point
    Messages
    743
    Nov 11, 2010, 9:32 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #10

    One Word

    AWESOME!!!

    Well done
  12. Uncle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    From
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Messages
    105
    Nov 11, 2010, 10:56 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #11

    Very nice work. Your proportions are always just right.
  13. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 12, 2010, 6:54 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #12

    Tempus said: View Post
    One Word

    AWESOME!!!

    Well done
    thank you!

    Uncle said: View Post
    Very nice work. Your proportions are always just right.
    Thank you. It's Robert's gift.
  14. quovadis0920's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Mars with love
    Messages
    953
    Nov 12, 2010, 11:34 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #13

    can i ask, what stuff do you put onto the rubber before the final coat of paint?
  15. ikkakuro's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Rain Town, Indonesia
    Messages
    65
    Nov 13, 2010, 1:21 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #14

    COOL!! It must be perfect if the visor more accurate!
    overall I like this, the detail is nice!

    anyway can I ask how to make a smooth helmet pattern from the foam?
  16. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 13, 2010, 8:30 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #15

    ikkakuro said: View Post
    COOL!! It must be perfect if the visor more accurate!
    overall I like this, the detail is nice!

    anyway can I ask how to make a smooth helmet pattern from the foam?
    well, the visor is very hard to do honestly. we have no means yet to do it in clear plastic. that's just acetate that we used.

    smooth helmet pattern? what do you mean?

    quovadis0920 said: View Post
    can i ask, what stuff do you put onto the rubber before the final coat of paint?
    before final coat of paint? nothing really. its just emulsion then paint.
  17. quovadis0920's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Mars with love
    Messages
    953
    Nov 14, 2010, 12:37 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #16

    ahh isee. thanks. regarding the visor, i saw some kamen rider decade over the net and saw some finished fan made helmets as well, and from their work they used sprite bottles for the lens. maybe don robert could try using one too! does robert have any kamen rider decade suit yet? i am a big fan of tokasatsu (if i'm correct) kamen rider series, especially decade
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2004
    From
    Northeast USA
    Messages
    5,712
    Nov 14, 2010, 12:58 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #17

    That's a striking costume, I like the contrast of the black and white. I'm curious with Don's talent at replicating things so exactly if he is also good at sculpting (with clay)? He's got such a good eye at defining shapes but also in making the sometimes complex 3D shapes work with the material.

    Oh another question...do you guys hang onto all your costumes? You must have a huge collection by now.
  19. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 14, 2010, 9:32 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #18

    SithLord said: View Post
    That's a striking costume, I like the contrast of the black and white. I'm curious with Don's talent at replicating things so exactly if he is also good at sculpting (with clay)? He's got such a good eye at defining shapes but also in making the sometimes complex 3D shapes work with the material.

    Oh another question...do you guys hang onto all your costumes? You must have a huge collection by now.
    hmmm...he hasn't tried sculpting yet so we can't answer your question yet. . but this is what he said - he also started with little knowledge of costume making, he just pushed himself to learn it, improve and develop his own techniques. everybody can learn as long as they want to and as long as they try to. there maybe hidden talents among us that we haven't discovered yet but it won't come out until we try and test ourselves. skills can be studied and learned, we just need to know how to use it to our advantage.

    yes we do. we hang to all of them unless their beyond repair, like the mark 6 IM suit which he least liked - he scrapped it, threw the parts he can't use again and recycled those recycleable. huge? oh not really. they're still countable and space amangeable atthe house.lol.
  20. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 14, 2010, 9:40 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #19

    quovadis0920 said: View Post
    ahh isee. thanks. regarding the visor, i saw some kamen rider decade over the net and saw some finished fan made helmets as well, and from their work they used sprite bottles for the lens. maybe don robert could try using one too! does robert have any kamen rider decade suit yet? i am a big fan of tokasatsu (if i'm correct) kamen rider series, especially decade
    thanks for the tip. maybe we'll try. we're still looking for other ways to accomplish the part so its still in constant development stage.

    as for the decade suit, well, i'm not sure if he wants to make one. maybe in the future. you see, we make our costumes based on probably our moods and available items. for the KR series, we make them because we really like the characters and when we already have the belts. we're making a den-o sword for me and him a zeronos because we both like the KR den-o series very much.

    maybe when he finds a decade belt, then maybe it will inspire him to make one if ever. we already have a zeronos belt, accidentally, and since its from the same series he decided to make one so that we can still be partners. we dont have a den-o belt, still looking for one but even if we didn't have it we still made the costume because we really want to. now our only problem is the belt.
  21. baden3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    From
    Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
    Messages
    191
    Nov 14, 2010, 10:37 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #20

    incredible work xD i just cant figure out how to form the helm properly and how to work cleanly with the "888" did he use any kind of helmet patterning?
    Last edited by baden3; Nov 14, 2010 at 6:26 PM.
  22. quovadis0920's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    From
    Mars with love
    Messages
    953
    Nov 19, 2010, 8:53 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #21

    oh can i ask where do you find belts around the parts of manila? i'd like to have one. oh btw izabel,regarding the other guy who posted inappropriate criticisms in your FB account, don't mind him. That always happens when they see other people's work are better. Just keep up the good work and always stay positive!
  23. Ikariya's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    From
    California
    Messages
    257
    Nov 19, 2010, 10:51 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #22

    Nice work again~
    I really like how you guys do the roundess on helmets. Any tips?
  24. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    44
    Nov 19, 2010, 4:56 PM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #23

    Where do you source your rubber? I wonder where in USA it can be purchased?
  25. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Nov 21, 2010, 11:51 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #24

    quovadis0920 said: View Post
    oh can i ask where do you find belts around the parts of manila? i'd like to have one. oh btw izabel,regarding the other guy who posted inappropriate criticisms in your FB account, don't mind him. That always happens when they see other people's work are better. Just keep up the good work and always stay positive!
    we scour it. we also check e-bays and toy collectors that we often meet in cons.
  26. izabel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Messages
    937
    Jan 7, 2011, 9:03 AM - Re: Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form #25

    more pics i grabbed from our friend







Similar Threads

  1. Don Robert's Kamen Rider Den-O (5-in-1)
    izabel, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Mar 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
  2. kamen rider Blade king form custom
    9485as, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 8, 2012, 2:15 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12